Competency Solutions Engineer, Fundraising/Analytics
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
Blackbaud is seeking a sales engineering professional with extensive experience working with clients and sales executives in driving fundraising and analytics solutions into our established client base and prospective accounts. This role plays a critical part in the sales process and will support Account Executives in exploring the potential needs of our clients and prospects, proposing solutions, and defining the expected positive outcomes from our solutions.
Success in this position will require the incumbent to be capable in four broad areas:
(1) Industry expert/solution expert in analytics and nonprofit fundraising. Helping clients understand and analyze the driver that affect fundraising performance, grateful patient programs, fundraising & analytics in the healthcare space a plus.
(2) Ability to establish “C” level relationships with current and prospective clients and discuss strategic goals at an executive level.
(3) Creative structuring of solution sets that are tailored to the prospects needs, including value proposition and ROI development
(4) Coaching, mentoring, and assisting resources of the sales team, including account executives and sales engineers.
This position will report to the Manager of Competency Engineering, Sales Enablement, and will be a part of the overall Sales Engineering organization.
The Competency Engineer will also have the following list of responsibilities:
- Work with all sales professionals on assigned teams to win business
- Serve as a customer-facing industry expert for all fundraising and analytics related software and service offerings
- Assist sales executives in the development of a sales pursuit plan for each large or strategic opportunity
- Assist in fundraising/analytics sales pipeline building strategies with sales executives, sales management, and marketing personnel
- Collaborate with the sales team, sales engineers, marketing, sales management, and partners to improve current sales collateral and approaches
- Develop “C” level credibility and relationships
- Assist in the development of large pursuit sales tools, and process improvement documents
- Assist in the training of new sales personnel through onboarding process
- Coordination and inclusion of appropriate sales management into key steps in sales process
- Development and delivery of ROI-based proposals to organizational power buyers
The successful Competency Engineer will have highly developed analytical and conceptual abilities that enable them to recognize and define customer issues. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of engaging multiple levels of the customer organization to build commitment to the purchase of new technology solutions OR will have deep industry experience in a fundraising or analytics type role.
- 4 + years of sales experience selling or providing sales support of fundraising or analytics solutions.
- 4 + years of experience working as in individual contributor, sales overlay, sales engineer, or sales management role
- 4 + years working for an enterprise application software/services (SaaS) company
- Proven marketplace relationship building skills
- Strong organization, presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) with valid passport
- Excellent communication skills
- Referenced collaborative, collegial operational approach
- RE7, RENXT Experience Preferred
- Fundraising experience at a Nonprofit Organization Preferred
- Experience with Data Enrichment Services, Performance Analysis, Research and Modeling Preferred
- Experience selling or consulting to Higher Education or NonProfit organizations
This role is NOT a direct quota carrying position. Compensation consists of a base salary + a variable component calculated based on total team sales performance.
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.