Consumer Direct Transaction Coordinator at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The buy from consumer team is looking for a seasoned sales professional with 5+ years of experience in real estate sales or direct to consumer sales to join this newly created group. You will work with our marketing department on direct to consumer leads with the goal of increasing single-family rental acquisitions while supporting our brand. Our job is to handhold these properties from the initial bid to closing, ensuring the highest level of negotiation and service on behalf of our clients.
This is a new department within Acquisitions so you will need to bring an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- 5+ years of experience in real estate sales or related customer service environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Hold a current real estate license in any state is helpful but not required
- Ability to collaborate and network to build lasting relationships with a variety of contacts
- Knowledge of terms and principles associated with real estate investment process and associated markets
- Proficient in MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills
- Work well independently and in a team; Self-starter and independent worker, but not hesitant to ask for direction when needed
- Solid work ethic and a professional, proactive, and positive approach to work
- Strong quantitative and analytical ability and internet research, organization, and communication skills
- Effective decision-making skills and an ability to perform under deadline pressure
- The ability to interact well with senior management
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers
- Proven track record of success in a fast-paced environment
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.