Contract & RFP Specialist at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
We’re looking for a specialist to support the Global Sales Operations team in Contracting and RFP structuring. In this role, your primary function will be to partner with Sales to structure RFPs and contracts that mutually benefit Cloudflare and its Prospects/Customers. We are looking for someone who has an interest in collaborating with Account Executives to develop non-standard contracts, terms sheets and other documents for our Enterprise Accounts. The role would also conduct daily contract auditing and ensure the integrity of our quote-to-cash process. By partnering with Sales Leadership, Accounting and the Legal team, this role will be instrumental in surfacing and/or addressing any issues or concerns related to revenue recognition, contract terms and conditions, sales policies, as well as non-standard deal structures.
- Act as a Sales-facing subject matter expert on contract structuring, processes, and policies
- Ensure all non-standard terms are reviewed, approved, and properly documented
- Provide context and clarification on complex contract structures and how they are to be treated as it relates to booking credits, invoicing, internal reporting, etc.
- Interest in bookings, revenue recognition, and legal practices in how they correspond to contracts
- Comfortable operating under pressure/with sense of urgency
- Develop robust and repeatable contract processes; identifying process improvement and sales training opportunities
- Ability to meet daily and weekly deadlines in terms of contract auditing and contract processing in Salesforce & Netsuite
- Manage RFP and Customer Form intake including reviewing all documents, vetting and routing to the appropriate subject matter experts to collaborate and complete
- Ensure all RFP responses and Customer Forms are reviewed, approved, and properly documented
- Assess current and develop and implement future processes to gain efficiencies
- Provide RFP training to sales and other teams who provide content, reviews and approvals
- Manage reviews, approvals and updates to the RFP content library
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 2+ years of Sales Operations and/or Sales Finance experience
- Experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, and Legal in executing contracts
- Detail-Oriented while having a good grasp of end-to-end process
- Self-starter with ability to function independently and in a timely manner
- Ability to manage own workload and adjust priorities to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and propose necessary changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.