Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
One part brand champion and one part problem-solving guru, Customer Advocates are passionate about helping Customers. As a Customer Advocate, you will focus on resolving licensing, pricing, and account management issues for new and existing customers (and provide an incredible customer experience while you’re doing it).
If you love putting yourself in your customer’s shoes (no matter how big or small), enjoy resolving problems, identifying root causes of issues, and thrive Play(ing) as a Team, the Customer Advocate team is the role for you.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Extensive background providing customer support through various channels such as email, phone, and chat
- Strong customer service background with a knack for empathy, use of positive language, attentiveness, and effective listening
- Excellent written and spoken English language communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues in non-technical terms
- Ability to work under pressure and remain flexible to changing schedules and demands
- Robust multitasking skills (e.g. able to log calls and interact with customer simultaneously) with strong attention to detail
- A positive attitude; work with a sense of urgency; demonstrate timely and thorough execution
- The capability to shift from one function to another with relative ease and proficiency
In this role, you'll get to:
- Use your strong background in B2B or B2C customer service to provide billing and licensing support to customers submitting inbound requests via phone/email/chat
- Ensure excellent customer satisfaction and exceptional customer service skills in a timely manner
- Funnel key customer feedback throughout the organization and drive internal process, policy, automation improvements to improve the support experience for internal advocates and our customers
- Work collaboratively with a geographically dispersed team and other departments to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Be flexible enough to adjust on the fly and always strive to live the value of “Don’t #@!% the customers”
- Learn new systems, products, processes, and policies
- Use two of our flagship products, Jira Service Management and Confluence
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Familiarity with Atlassian's suite of product, experience using Jira Service Desk Management or Confluence an advantage
- Salesforce experience
- Previous B2B or B2C support experience providing billing and licensing support
- You have a proven ability to deliver projects, from concept to execution
- You have demonstrated talent at inspiring change from customer feedback
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.