It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
WP Engine is hiring a Customer Development Representative that has experience in establishing, fostering and maintaining relationships with both highly technical and leadership level contacts. Those relationships should uncover opportunities to deploy WP Engine through outbound business development.
What is cool about this job
The CDR team works in conjunction with our Account Management Teams and is responsible for generating upgrade opportunity volume and warm introductions for our Account Managers. You are creative, passionate, and an ambitious teammate, eager to advance through a clearly defined learning and earning path. WP Engine offers a dynamic, creative environment where you are provided the tools, resources, and unique leadership to sell and take your career to the next level!
The Day to Day
- Proactively identify and mitigate customer risks using data and internal systems within an assigned book of business.
- Generate qualified outbound opportunities to consistently overachieve a monthly quota.
- Set and engage in proactive customer meetings to positively reduce churn and drive MRR growth.
- Accurately research and catalog contact, account, and opportunity information.
- Expand relationships with clients, allowing them to understand the full advantage of our WordPress solutions.
- Work as part of a selling team with a focus on strengthening relationship development.
- You can use effective sales techniques to uncover those customer needs that can be addressed through our solutions.
- You can articulate the benefits of using our solutions to existing customers across a broad array of industries.
Your Expertise and Passion
- Prior sales experience required; exposure to Solution Selling, Customer-Centric Selling, Sandler, or SPIN strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM applications is required.
- Daring and performance-driven attitude.
- Consistent over-achievement and work ethic.
- The ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter are vital to this role.
- Effectively lead prospect/client expectations.
- Ability to effectively communicate over the phone and email.
The Perks and Benefits
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Access to Wellable (The health and wellness platform for you and your colleagues)
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.