Customer Success Manager (Public Sector) at A Cloud Guru, A Pluralsight Company
Customer Success Manager - Public Sector
The CSM owns the Customer Lifecycle for a set of Pluralsight Public Sector accounts across adoption, lifecycle management and renewal. A successful Public Sector CSM has proven success in delivering results while collaborating with and engaging Federal and/or State Local government executives and program managers, building impeccable relationships, and showing skill at achieving trusted adviser and customer advocate status in the customers mind. The CSM works closely with the Sales Team to design and execute customer success plans to ensure our customer objectives are truly met, and business value is realized. This role requires you to be a strategic adviser focused on value, with a proven track record working with large scale customers, one who can develop strategy, drive usage and adoption, make Pluralsight's value visible and focus on ROI. You will drive renewals and work closely with your peer account executives to drive expansion opportunities to achieve best-in-class gross and net retention targets.
Who you're committed to being:
- Passionate about Pluralsight's mission to democratise technology skills
- Laser-focused on customer value
- A team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to listen, think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously
- Drive forward the customer life cycle to ensure customer and Pluralsight's mutual success. Take full accountability for your accounts in all aspects: Anticipating customer needs and proactively addressing them throughout the customer life cycle, demonstrating lead time awareness, ensuring a frictionless renewal process, and ultimately positioning your accounts for growth.
- Ongoing customer consultation - Successfully navigate, interpret, and leverage provided tools and systems to measure and report on customer experience, customer health, product utilization, and consumed content, etc. Take corrective actions in a timely manner based on this visibility, and make strategic recommendations to help customers be more successful.
- Influence change within customers to drive adoption of best practices and successful implementation.
- Prepare and facilitate business review meetings, trainings, webinars, demos, and other strategic and supportive interactions to ensure a seamless renewal.
- Predict and forecast risk, renewal and expansion within customer portfolio
- Complete renewal lifecycle management including all commercial tasks such as obtaining Purchase Orders when required, forecasting, quoting, agreement negotiations, and order creation and submission.
- Collaborate with Account Executives and others. Communicate to ensure effective execution on customer success plans and make progress on the growth strategy.
- Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our processes.
- Meet and exceed quarterly gross and net revenue retention targets, or other targets defined by the business.
- Document all customer activities and insights in Pluralsight's CRM.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
- Working knowledge of Government acquisition process. Experience working with both Federal and State & Local government accounts.
- Ability to perform a strategic discovery with customers, to uncover their business objectives, articulate the ROI around achieving those objectives, and then build a plan to achieve those outcomes.
- Deep understanding of a successful customer success motion - able to execute the onboarding & adoption process to drive customer health.
- Understanding of SaaS environment with its respective opportunities, benefits, and challenges. This could include license management, training on software and technology, and applicable business processes and cycles, among other things.
- Self-identifies opportunities for improvement within customer base and internally. Come up with creative solutions to problems beyond provided playbooks. Takes the initiative to make change.
- Organized and capable of highly effective time management in an entrepreneurial environment. Ability to effectively prioritize time and talents, and to give effective presentations
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced professional enterprise sales environment.
- Excellent relationship building skills at the C-Level.
- Basic technical knowledge on development and IT solutions. Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts and derive solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills & listening skills.
- Four-year University / Bachelor's Degree in Sales, or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5 years of progressive customer success experience or similar field (sales, pro services, consulting, technical enablement)
- Ability to travel 50%, while working from home the remaining 50%
- Experience with Gainsight and Salesforce.com preferred