Deal Desk Analyst
Who You’ll Work With
As a Duo Security Deal Desk Analyst, you'll be a trusted advisor to our WW Sales and Business Divisions, driving cross functional discussions and acting as the subject matter expert related to Duo Security policies, non-standard terms, processes, and tools. You will be responsible for drafting non-standard Sales Order Forms (OFs) that meet our internal booking and revenue recognition (GAAP) policies. In this role, you will work in collaboration with Sales, Legal and Finance teams to structure deals that maximize the annual contract value (ACV) and win the right deal for Duo. This role will also assist with auditing and processing sales Order Forms and credit card subscription transactions.
What You’ll Do
- You will draft, review and provide guidance on non-standard custom sales orders, restatements & re-terms, amendments and other agreements as necessary
- You will review customer signed Order Forms to verify they align with the opportunity information in Salesforce (SFDC) and make updates to SFDC as necessary.
- You will show that sales transactions are in compliance with Duo’s Sales Booking Policy
- You will review pricing discounts and special payment terms to verify they align with Duo's Sales Policy and Procedures and obtain appropriate approvals as necessary
- You will process Sales transactions in SFDC for booking and revenue recognition
- You will provide guidance and interpretation to sales organization on contractual rights, obligations, deal risks and provide clarification/recommendations on contractual terms and conditions
- You will assist in developing training collateral and presentations related to Deal Desk activities
- You will assist in optimizing and automating processes in an ever-changing hyper-growth environment
- With a flexible work schedule, you will support our global sales organization with services second to none, in a high pressure/dynamic environment
- You possess 3+ years of experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial terms for SaaS agreements and/or related Order Forms, restatements, amendments
- You are a high energy professional who is passionate about teaming with our sales teams to close deals for Duo / Cisco
- You love a fast growing, ever-changing environment of a hyper growth technology company
- You have experience in Software Technology industry & SaaS
- You have excellent responsiveness to internal and external stakeholders
- You have experience detecting revenue recognition / potential GAAP issues on sales orders
- You have experience in finance and/or accounting
- You have experience analyzing data
- You possess excellent people skills; excellent stakeholder engagement skills with Sales, Finance, and Legal
- You have the ability to understand how non-standard Terms and Conditions impact the business and revenue recognition
- You have experience working in a high-volume order transaction processing environment and being able to deliver with accuracy and a good attitude
- You have the ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize work with limited supervision
- Experience working in Salesforce, Steelbrick / Salesforce CPQ would be useful
- Experience working in Recurly or other credit card transaction processing software (desired but not required)
- Proficiency in standardized software applications, such as Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
Who You Are
- Brings a winning “can do” attitude
- Leans into tough situations
- Accepts and seeks innovation
- Builds collaborative relationships up, down, and across the organization
- Understands the demanding nature of working in a dynamic sales organization and engaging with many types of personalities while maintaining a positive, professional attitude and communication in all situations
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.