Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling. We know that classic high-pressure B2B sales tactics don't work anymore. We have built a billion dollar, fast-growing business without any of those tactics, based on high-quality products, free trials and an intense focus on customer satisfaction. Those happy Customers convert to paying Customers, creating a prolific "Flywheel" that has delivered 120,000+ customers to date. We believe that there is an opportunity to more pro-actively engage with our customers through "Smart Touch" - specific, value-added outbound engagements that will lead to higher conversions and incremental bookings throughout the Customer lifecycle.
The Deal Desk Analyst will play an important role in supporting the “high touch” sales motions that complement the flywheel. This position will support the deal process for our complex transactions (Enterprise Cloud, ELAs, MSAs, and M&A deals) from contracting to booking. In this role, you will strategically partner with our Field Operation teams, Legal, Finance, Partners and Customers to structure proposals, quotes, and contracts in support of our high touch sales motion.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Own the end to end Quote-to-Cash process from quoting to contracting, provisioning and invoicing for all Atlassian Enterprise products.
- Develop a strong understanding of all Atlassian entities business, pricing model, and product offerings.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Revenue Accounting and Legal to review or address revenue recognition concerns for non-standard negotiated deals.
- Perform month-end and quarter-end Deal Desk closing activities across all Atlassian entities to ensure completeness and accuracy of contract packages.
- Work closely with Accounts Receivable and Billing team to ensure timely handover of invoice creations and assist with collection issues.
- Create sales orders in ERP/Billing system and be comfortable with the Order Management aspect of the role.
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on Atlassian business, operation, and revenue policies for ad hoc troubleshooting of deal issues.
- Identify and support process improvement efforts to streamline current procedures.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS/BA in Business, Finance/Accounting, Economics, or a related discipline
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Deal Desk, Order Management, Sales Ops, and/or Revenue Ops
- Experience with Direct and Channel sales ecosystems.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure to handle large volume of deal requests.
- Strong understanding of software revenue recognition standards
- Salesforce and NetSuite experience.
- Docusign, Panda Docs, SpringCM, Conga, or similar Contract Management tools experience a plus
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Excellent written and communication skills and be comfortable with customer facing interactions.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.