Deal Desk Manager at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for a Manager, Deal Desk to play a key role in growing and scaling Procore’s Deal Desk team. As a trusted advisor to Sales, Finance, Systems, and Legal teams, you’ll provide leadership and guidance on structuring deals and driving process improvements. To be successful in this role, you’ll have a customer-centric attitude and appreciation for working collaboratively in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. If you’re skilled in bridging business and sales needs—we’d love to hear from you!
This role will report to our VP, Deal Desk, and is based in our Austin, TX office. We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team responsible for supporting a number of segments, verticals, and geographies across Procore’s domestic and international business
- In partnership with Sales, Legal, Accounting, and Finance teams, manage commercial contract development and drive consensus to meet deadlines
- Maintain a holistic view of a deal during contract negotiations; drive internal stakeholder discussions and alignment on customer concerns or key business issues that arise during negotiations
- Partner with Sales Operations, Systems, Revenue, Finance, Legal, to drive process improvements, automation, and team development
- Support Sales Representatives on contract objection-handling techniques, alternative contract options, and value propositions to help close deals
- Develop tools that help the Sales team effectively price and structure deals while managing certain business metrics and requirements
- Be a sales-facing, or occasionally customer-facing, subject matter expert on deal structuring, processes, and policies
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of overall experience in Deal Desk and deal structuring
- 1+ year of experience managing a Deal Desk or Order Management function
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with diverse stakeholders across Finance, Sales, Pricing, Legal, Systems
- Ability to analyze, model and recommend the best course of action for complex pricing, negotiations, and business situations; quantitative experience required
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Excel (modeling/analysis) - and strong knowledge of end-to-end Quote to Cash Processes. (experience with Excel, Salesforce and/or Zuora preferred)
- Strong understanding of software revenue recognition issues, including revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Ability to manage multiple variables, and toggle approach within defined parameters as well as the ability to drive rapid, but fact-based decision-making with imperfect data
- Strong negotiation skills with experience supporting customer negotiations (contract development is preferred)
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.