Demo Engineer at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Right now, we are working from home temporarily due to Covid. Normally, our Austin team works downtown in the San Jacinto Center. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
We’re looking for a Demo Engineer to join our Sales Engineering team. As a Sales Demo Engineer, you will partner closely with our Sales Engineers to develop and maintain custom demo environments that have the ability to showcase LogicMonitor to potential prospects and existing customers. You will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting a dynamic environment that demonstrates the capabilities and value proposition of LogicMonitor. This unique role is an opportunity to utilize your creativity and IT skills on a fast moving team. If you thrive in autonomous environments and are excited to chart the course for Enterprise and MSP Demo environments then this is the role for you.
- Work with Sales Engineers to:
- Become an expert in SaaS software
- Collaborate on providing an environment for custom demos that represent how LM can be deployed for a customer
- Develop custom integrations within the environment for various 3rd party tools
- Enable the customer facing teams with new demo features
- Develop methods to simulate activity for better demoing to prospects and customers
- Care and feeding of the LogicMonitor sales team demo portals:
- Troubleshooting issues when they arise
- Deploy new features and capabilities that showcase LogicMonitor
- Add new resources and infrastructure as appropriate for product demonstration
- Enforce adherence to portal standards and cleanup/ maintenance of user activity that violates standards
- "On-call" responsibility for portal availability during business hours
- In-portal alert management to optimize demo environment
- Work with Internal Systems to manage users and SSO authentication
- Care and feeding of the LogicMonitor sales engineer demo lab infrastructure:
- Patching and maintenance of servers
- Troubleshooting issues when they arise, ensuring a high level of uptime and availability
- Add new resources and infrastructure to support new features and capabilities
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree required; technology, computer science, B.S. in technical degree preferred.
- 7+ years experience in IT role, demo engineer or equivalent experience
- Ability to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users at any level.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout internal departments
- Experience in Linux and or Windows/Network administration and operations including the following technologies:
- Networking and SD-WAN
- Virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V, etc…)
- Storage (NetApp, Dell/EMC, HPE, etc…)
- Monitoring protocols (WMI, PerfMon, JDBC, SNMP, SMTP, JMX, HTTP, Logging)
- Webservers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, etc…)
- Microsoft technologies (Active Directory, Exchange, etc...)
- Database (SQL, MySQL, Postgres, etc…)
- Scripting (Groovy, PowerShell, Ruby, etc...)
- Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Docker, Kubernetes
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.