Director of Account Management at Shipwell
Director of Account Management
Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong and we believe there is a better way. We can build the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi trillion dollar opportunity. Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chain by combining digitized freight, real-time tracking, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform. We are working with the top companies in the supply chain to connect with our RestfulAPIs. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!What you’ll do when you get here:
- Oversee the day to day functions of the Account Management team
- Interface with Shipwell’s customers on a daily basis
- Coach team members on how to identify, develop, track and measure continuous improvement opportunities with customers while cross-selling/upselling modes, services, and platform sales
- Establish, assess, and adapt team performance goals, responsibilities and accountabilities in the short and long term
- Manage the team’s compensation and recognition strategies. This includes appropriate and consistent compensation administration, planning bonus and/or commission payments, year-end compensation planning, periodic compensation adjustments as necessary, and implementing other general employee recognition activities
- Responsible for workforce planning processes. This includes forecasting resource needs, and partnering with People Operations to establish a pipeline, recruit, select, and onboard qualified and diverse talent
- Administer and drive growth and retention through monthly/yearly account management review and pipeline review processes
- Work closely and diligently with the Sales and Leadership Team to develop, monitor, and ensure account revenue health of existing and newly secured business
- Develop and review business plans, SOPs, execution strategies, profitability, KPIs, and other account metrics
- Serve as a direct customer escalation point and problem solver
- Provide guidance on pricing strategies across Shipwell’s services lines
- Work with leadership team to ensure that open communication occurs regarding business challenges and opportunities
- Collaborate with Operations leadership to drive continuous improvement. Ensure customer commitments are achieved and promote the focus to standardize tasks reducing cost to serve
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years industry knowledge
- Minimum of 7 years as an Account Manager
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership position with multiple direct reports
- The ability to mentor, motivate and develop a strong account management team
- Demonstrated growth through sales and relationship building
- Value working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Proficiency in Excel
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.