About Billd (www.billd.com)
Billd is an exciting new FinTech company transforming the way construction companies finance projects. Billd is well funded, has its product in the market and has been recently featured in VentureBeat, Austin Business Journal and Modern Contractor Solutions as one of the innovation leaders in this space.
We believe in attracting and hiring the best and brightest. We are looking for talented, motivated professionals to join our growing team. At Billd, you will be challenged to be your best self and guaranteed to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career.
We’re looking for a dynamic, high-performing Director of Business Development to drive Billd’s technology partnership strategy. This role will be responsible for seeking new partnerships with technology providers in the construction ecosystem which results in customer acquisition, improved customer experience and/or decreases Billd’s risk financing construction materials. The ideal candidate has a history of developing partnerships and loves the challenges that come with integrating a new product into the market.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience (1) sourcing and negotiating technology partnerships, (2) developing new products/programs, and (3) has experience either selling or partnering with companies in the construction ecosystem.
- Own strategy, new partner acquisition and revenue associated with the technology channel
- Manage the full sales cycle from prospecting potentional partnerships to launching/managing the ongoing partner relationship
- Onboard new partners including education on the Billd platform, products, and financing process
- Consistently meet and exceed target material financing origination volume goals
- Conduct both in-person (when it’s safe to travel) and virtual demos to launch new partnerships
- Report weekly metrics and findings to management which will influence the strategic direction of the channel
- Responsible for increasing revenue, lowering risk, and improving customer experience through strategic partnerships
- Serve as the first line of defense in any partner disputes
- Work with Product, Technology, Risk, Marketing and Sales teams to effectively scope, structure and launch individual programs
- Manage complex contract negotiation and work with legal counsel as required
- Demonstrate a broad comprehension of the customer's needs and priorities, as well as market trends, major players, and industry challenges.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant prior work experience in business development, management consulting, investment banking and/or private equity
- Experience launching new programs that disrupt the market
- Documented history of achieving quantifiable goals as well as experience negotiating highly complex agreements
- Experience in construction, finance, and/or technology preferred
- The ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Impactful writing and presentation skills, with the ability to convey compelling messages in small and large group settings, both in-person and remotely
- A strong sense of teamwork and team-focused mindset
- Experience in a high growth company is preferred
- The ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment
- Excellent written and oral communication
Billd is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.