Director of Business Development
Want to join one of the hottest AI/ML startups in Austin? Business is booming, Series B is on the way, and we need a strong Director of Business Development to help us build partnerships and alliances in the Artificial Intelligence field. We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Business Development leader who is a startup veteran with a track record of building high-performance channel programs and teams. Have you created partnerships and alliances with enterprise providers servicing Fortune 500 organizations? Have you sold solutions that are a combination of platform and services? Do you have experience and/or passion about the growing field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning? Have you worked and thrived in early-stage venture funded startups? Do you value work environments with amazing people? If you can answer Yes to all, then this is the opportunity for you!
The Director of Business Development will be chartered with building partnerships to meet revenue targets. You will start as an individual contributor, but will scale and build a team as success dictates. This business moves fast, so you need to be comfortable in an early stage startup where challenges appear daily. You’ll be shifting between lead generation, partner meetings, product sessions, recruiting, operational improvements, technology automation and any number of additional unexpected company initiatives. You will learn and understand our target customers, and work on creating compelling partnership offerings. This position will partner with the leaders in Sales, Marketing, Product Management and Customer Success to develop and deliver services that ensure the best possible customer experience, while reporting directly to the CRO.
Do you want to help work in the most exciting and impactful technology space of our time? Do you want to serve those who want to work and create new opportunities in the global workforce?
Alegion is transforming how enterprises execute on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning projects, while transforming the way people work. Our AI enablement platform integrates human intelligence at scale into the creation of high-quality training data, the validation and scoring of AI models and real-time exception handling. We do this through our advanced data and task management platform and a growing network of on-demand trained human data specialists. By combining human intelligence and artificial intelligence, we accelerate time to market for AI and ML initiatives while reducing risk.
Alegion’s AI Enablement Platform is a robust technology system that supports a wide array of data processes designed specifically for AI, ML, NLP, Computer Vision and Deep Learning systems. It provides the ability to define and configure complex data task workflows including multi-step and conditional paths for text, photo, video and audio. It also manages the distribution of tasks to human data specialists based on required skill sets and other criteria and has built-in quality control processes that provide exceptional data quality, predictable pricing and scale to process large volumes of data-intensive tasks.
- We have a well-defined mission, and strongly-held core beliefs and cultural values
- We promote a workplace where employees can make an impact beyond financial results
- We believe in being truly Agile in every decision, action and interaction
- We recruit talented employees who are a strong fit for our culture and high-performing teams
- We value learning and teaching, and heavily invest in employee development and growth
- We foster a collaborative, team-focused and autonomous work environment
- Cultivate a pipeline of BD opportunities through lead follow-up and personal outreach
- Manage customer relationships and close strategic opportunities
- Create plans and strategies for developing business and achieving sales quotas
- Build and manage a high-performance team
- Help define BD and marketing processes that drive desired outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Become an expert in the platform + services and articulating its value
- Partner with Marketing, Product and Customer Success to test, measure and optimize
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants MUST have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA is a plus
- 7-12+ years of relevant experience
- Prior experience as a Director of Business Development at a SaaS/enterprise software company is a MUST
- Proven experience building & scaling highly-successful business development organizations
- Prior early-stage startup experience is a MUST
- Previous experience selling $100,000 to $5M+ deals to enterprise clients
- Producer, Player/Coach. Willing to carry a quota.
- Drive revenue generation and development of strategic partnerships
- Consistent track-record of meeting/exceeding annual targets
- Previous experience growing a business development team from 1 to 5+
- Domain experience with Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning is a plus
- Ability to work in a fluid environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
- Data-driven with the ability to translate metrics to insights
- High aptitude and understanding of technology
- Self-starter and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity and follow through
- Strong leadership skills and ability to mentor others
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills