Director, Business Development at SparkCognition
The Director of Business Development will drive the organization’s strategic growth objectives by developing and pursuing opportunities within the DoD and other Government agencies. This role will have an opportunity to be at the forefront of AI strategy, guiding your customers through implementing innovative technology and helping them navigate the value of our solutions. A successful BD Director builds a strategic vision in closing sales from demonstrations to a program of record within the DoD. In addition, this individual will recommend and implement BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
- Collaborate proactively across the organization to achieve broader company growth objectives while maintaining connectivity to the program/contract executing managers.
- Develop relationships and serve as customer facing point of contact and navigate highly complex organizational sales processes and engagements
- Demonstrate understanding of AI/ML and other emerging technology trends and their impact on business decisions in assigned vertical and clearly communicate this knowledge to extended sales teams.
- Identify, qualify, shape and capture opportunities
- Support color team reviews, gate review, price to win efforts and campaign strategy development
- 2+ years’ experience of federal contracting or business development experience
- Experience leading sales campaigns, go-to-market strategies and proposals within the federal market
- Strong relationship development skillset and ability to cultivate key customer relationships
- Background with one or more of the following areas: maintenance, supply chain and logistics, digital government services, DLA, and data analytics
- Experience working with organizations supporting the readiness mission for the DoD
- Strong understanding of Federal procurement process
- Travel Required
- Ability to obtain a US security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor ‘s degree, business or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience with AI/ML solutions
- Experience with working directly with USSOCOM and/or US Navy
- Deep expertise in acquisition process and approaches to enable program growth and expansion
- TS/SCI security clearance
Clearance: Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.