Director of Cloud OEM Sales at MongoDB
This is a rare opportunity to work for a breakthrough company that is reinventing an $80B market. MongoDB is the fastest-growing database on the planet. To help fuel and handle this growth, we are looking for a Director of Cloud OEM Sales to join our Sales Partner team and grow our business.
We are looking for an innovative, experienced sales individual with extraordinary energy, passion, and initiative to drive partner awareness and channel new business.
The Director of Cloud OEM Sales owns all the sales and channels related to our MongoDB-as-a-Service partnerships worldwide. These are partnerships where the partner provides their own service vs being a platform for MongoDB’s Atlas offering. This individual will be accountable for (a) directly negotiating and launching new cloud partnerships, (b) operationalizing and scaling established cloud partnerships, and (c) supporting our sales teams with their Cloud OEM pursuits. These OEM partnerships exist today with leaders including Alibaba, Rackspace, IBM Cloud, Yandex and other cloud leaders. https://www.mongodb.com/press/mongodb-and-alibaba-cloud-launch-new-partnershipResponsibilities
- Develop and execute the strategy for expanding our non Atlas cloud business
- Proactively prospect, identify, qualify and negotiate new cloud partnerships with leading cloud providers who will open new markets for MongoDB.
- Support our direct sales team with large, complex Cloud OEM deals
- Work with existing cloud partners to generate incremental sales pipeline with the cloud partners’ sales teams, increasing their efficiency via sales and technical enablement, joint marketing, post-sales support, and providing business and technical expertise to help them sell the value of MongoDB
- Build strong and effective relationships with internal stakeholders and partner executives
- Support and Close business to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual bookings objectives
- Interlock with MongoDB’s Global Sales team, Partner team, Pre-sales, Post-sales, and Marketing support
- Participate in our sales enablement training, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamp, sophisticated sales training, and leadership and development programs
- BA/BS required
- 5+ years field experience of quota-carrying experience in a fast-paced and competitive market with a focus on new business
- Technically knowledgeable in the enterprise software, cloud computing, space with familiarity with databases, DevOps, and open source technology.
- 5+ years generating pipeline and selling in the Cloud/Database/IaaS space
- Proven ability to articulate the business value of complex enterprise technology
- A track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets
- Skilled in building business champions and running a complex sales process
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Skilled in managing time and resources; sound approach to qualifying opportunities
- Possess aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility. High EQ and self-aware
- Passionate about growing your career in the largest market in software (database) and developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of MongoDB products
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing an encouraging and enriching culture for everyone, from employee affinity groups to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.