Director of Corporate Development at Social Solutions
Social Solutions’ partner ecosystem will play an important role in extending the value of our platform, enhancing our brand position and accelerating our scale and penetration in the markets we serve.
The Director of Corporate Development is a key member of the finance team and will report directly to the VP of Finance & Corporate Development. This leader will be responsible for: establishing our strategy for selecting the partners we align with, designing our global resource and revenue plans for the business, developing and executing on our global partner business plans with each partner within the Social Good Technology Ecosystem, and progression of our acquisition and inorganic strategy. Working cross-functionally with product, sales, corporate development, and marketing leadership to identify, develop, and execute partner programs is integral to the success of this business and the evolution of our partnerships.
What You'll Do
- Strategy Development: Develop the strategy for the Corporate and Business Development function, consistent with the Social Solutions strategic value creation plan. Lead and grow initiatives to target, evaluate and recruit new partners and identify how SSG and partners create symbiotic value for each other and for our clients and end users. Influence and drive the Build, Partner, Buy, and Disrupt decisions on market adjacencies as it relates to our organic and inorganic growth strategies.
- Cross-functional Alignment: Align with other executives at SSG on that strategy, ensuring buy-in from the executive team and leaders in Sales, Product Strategy and Marketing. Become an expert in our products, services, and technology and evangelize in market on behalf of our functional teams.
- Leadership: Lead cross-functional teams necessary to develop and support future partnerships, connecting the dots and driving results on behalf of the company.
- Execution: Define and secure commercialization strategies to drive SSG value in the Social Good Technology Ecosystem. Lead and implement partnership strategies for each partner; joint business planning with partners. Define pricing, commercial and legal structures. Establish regular cadences for firm/portfolio performance reviews. Build joint business plans with our partners for initiatives, including end-to-end GTM plans as well as a robust set of KPIs, success metrics, joint accountability and governance. Drive execution on the team to achieve those targets consistently.
- Acquisitions: Assist senior leadership teams with due diligence, acquisition evaluation, and integration activities as it pertains to target withing the social good ecosystem.
- Executive Sponsorship: Be the executive in meetings with the senior-most representatives from our partners, drive accountability both internally and externally in pursuit of common and predefined goals.
- Success for All: Develop, own, and deliver a partnership and growth/value target. Drive results for product strategy, go to market success, social good impact and enterprise value creation. Cultivate a robust ecosystem of integration partners, acquisition targets, and technology providers.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Experience: 5+ years of strategic/technology partnership experience at an Enterprise SaaS/software firm. In-depth knowledge and experience with operationalizing and scaling partner engagement teams, systems, and processes. Proven ability to cultivate a technology ecosystem in a SaaS/software environment.
- Executive Relationships: History of building external relationships with very senior executives; could replace SSG’s COO or CEO in an external meeting.
- Strong Business Instincts: Exercises good judgment in making decisions with limited data; understands deeply the business reasons for partnerships, how they relate to SSG’s company strategy, and how they benefit the partner; would gain the trust of SSG’s executive team. See the “bigger picture” and connect partner goals to our internal vision.
- Entrepreneurial Tenacity: Able to define innovative partnership opportunities without an existing SSG playbook or historical operating approach. Take “out of the box” approach to developing discrete and transformative partnership objections.
- Strategic Problem-Solving: Asks astute questions, learns quickly, leverages data, and creates frameworks to represent a problem and identify the right solution.
- Communication & EQ: Listens well, reads non-verbal cues, uses specific language, projects confidence, navigates difficult conversations (internal & external), highly persuasive.
- Role Model: Overall, shining example of SSG brand and values.
About Social Solutions Global
Why We're Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we’re mission focused and results oriented! We’re a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That’s why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to do even more good. We help those that are changing the world.
What You’ll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- Flexible PTO
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of paid volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities and more!
To ensure candidate and employee health, Social Solutions is conducting the interview process remotely via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In order fulfill Social Solutions’ mission to “help people transform lives,” we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.