Director, IFP Customer Success [Product Implementation & Experience] at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Bright Health’s Individual and Family Plan (IFP) Line of Business Team oversees the Individual & Family Plan product portfolio as well as directly supports Bright Health’s Individual and Family Plan Business and its key initiatives related to growth, new market entry, retention, quality, and general plan performance. The IFP Line of Business Team operates cross-functionally to develop a competitive and differentiated portfolio and deliver on core business objectives. We deliver on core business objectives that enable a best-in-class customer experience.
As the Director of IFP Customer Success [Product Implementation & Experience], you will lead the IFP Product delivery team responsible for year over year Implementation and driving the expected customer experience. This leader will lead the cross-functional implementation and experience design across the organization connecting dots for market launch success. Your team, of Line of Business experts, is responsible for implementing Bright HealthCare National and local QHP product portfolios supporting growth, and the overall success of Bright’s Individual & Family Products across markets. This includes but is not limited to ensuring successful implementation of QHPs year-over-year in new and existing markets, overseeing the Line of Business Source of Truth product artifacts, connecting with end to end stakeholders to understand critical milestones to be hit, and building out Bright’s national Individual and Family Plan experience. This role will require working across the organization and interface with senior leadership to support the delivery of Line of Business strategic objectives. Your work will directly contribute to the rapid growth and expansion of Bright Health and the IFP Business.
The Director of IFP Customer Success [Product Implementation & Experience], job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Responsible for cross functional implementation of Bright Health’s Individual and Family Plan product portfolio
- Develop key strategic initiatives for product implementation and experience; lead the execution of identified initiatives and cross-functional workgroups
- Lead IFP readiness efforts to ensure smooth product launch into market, as well as working cross functionally to ensure the broader success of the product including but not limited to partnering with Bright’s Sales, Marketing, Markets, and Operations teams
- Serve as a subject matter expert for IFP product portfolio for cross-functional partners
- Lead and support key strategic initiatives for IFP, including growth, retention, member experience, quality related initiatives, and plan performance
- Oversee the Line of Business blueprint or Source of Truth for enhanced information sharing with cross functional partners, including market overviews, product suite information, and more
- Design and implement the Bright Health Cultural Experience program including partnering with all functional areas of the organization. Refine the program to optimize results on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and drive strategic elements of the Cultural Experience program to enable improved experiences for members, providers, brokers, and the health plan each year.
- Develop all required experiential and operational processes to support the program requirements including determining language and cultural opportunities for Bright’s current and future constituents
- Ensure key experiential and operating metrics of the program are established, measured, and reported
- Oversee staff conducting experiential and operational analysis, including reporting and program performance
- Tailor Bright Health’s Cultural Experience program to the needs of the Individual & Family Plan line of business for plan year 2021 and beyond
- Partner with key functional areas to determine opportunities, revise processes, and ensure alignment across the organization with Bright Health Cultural Competency program, including internal and external partners
- Other duties as assigned
This position has supervisory responsibilities for the Individual & Family Plan Line of Business team:
- Responsible for the overall direction, supervision, and coordination of the team responsible for IFP implementation, experience, and the Cultural Experience program
- Manage a high-performing team, that includes direct and matrixed staff, by providing clear direction, regular guidance, and impactful coaching
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws
- Set goals for the Implementation & Experience team
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and direction work; appraising performance; addressing and resolving problems
- This position will initially oversee a team of TBD
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in Health Plans/Health Insurance, or similar experience (Required)
- Four (4) or more years of Individual and Family Plan product management experience (Preferred)
- Five to Seven (5-7) years of consumer or product design experience (Required)
- Strong strategic, operational, and critical thinking capability (Required)
- Advanced proficiency and proven results with large project management and planning (Required)
- Previous health plan experience, preferably in one or more of the following areas: product design, implementation, strategy, consumer, or general management roles
- Strong collaboration skills to work with internal and external teams to effectively design and implement solutions that meet the business needs
- Strategic thinking with ability to translate ideas into action and outcomes
- Experience and strong influential skills to manage cross-functional, virtual teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and identify regulatory and implementation risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize simultaneously
- Ability to perform critical analysis of complex business problem and propose appropriate solutions
- Ability to effectively engage and interact with and influence internal executive sponsors
- Advanced time management and project management skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, problem solving ability, and overall positive attitude
- Bias toward action; sense of urgency, and ownership of work
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
- Adaptable to change
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.