Location: UK (remote) preferred. Open to consider candidates based in Germany, Italy, France or Switzerland (Remote) too.
Invitae is a rapidly growing medical genetics company whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
We are a multidisciplinary company executing a novel business model in a highly technical, highly regulated, and overly complex industry against a backdrop of rapid and disruptive technological advancement. Patients are at the center of everything we do, while we continually seek to improve and grow in efficiency and strive to produce consistent and reliable results.
At Invitae, we’re building an organization that can continuously innovate at scale. Equally importantly, we’re building a company where we love to work. As a team, we pride ourselves in having a diverse group of individuals who collaborate and work well together so that we can learn and grow from one another. We rely on each other to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual.
As you join team Invitae, you are expected to help us grow and modify our culture over time, and most importantly, to challenge us when we are not living up to it. It’s important to keep in mind that we craft and maintain our culture to serve our mission, and we will adjust our culture from time to time to optimize the pursuit of that mission.
About the role
To pursue our shared mission and help Invitae grow, we are looking for an exceptional Director Market Access (internal job title: Corporate Account Director (CAD) - European Reimbursement) with experience in European reimbursement submissions and protocols.
This individual will work with the Market Access team to provide tactical execution, at a customer level, for the Invitae oncology portfolio. This individual must exhibit exceptional organizational skills and knowledge of coding, coverage, and reimbursement across European and UK markets.
The CAD is a critical frontline member of the Market Access team in Europe.
This individual will have no direct reports but will be expected to work interdependently with the Corporate Development Team, Medical Affairs Team, Regulatory Team, Sales Directors and Field Based Sales Representatives. The CAD will partner with customers to assist with education on reimbursement procedures, ensuring the success of the company and its portfolio.
This position has a global scope, breadth of responsibilities and reports to the Senior Vice President, Global Payer Strategy and Relations. This is a field/remote position.
What you will do:
- Work with the various EU/UK Ministries of Health to secure reimbursement;
- Assist the Global Payer Team to understand application timelines, needs and protocols for reimbursement;
- Attend any in-person meetings with the Reimbursement bodies in Europe;
- Partner with the Global Payer Team to complete the reimbursement applications and submit a complete packet for review;
- Support the development of global value dossiers for government agency submissions and health technology assessment (HTA) documents to support value positioning;
- Integrate cross-functionally with global and regional stakeholders including Medical Affairs Clinical, Commercial, Legal, Product Development, Corporate and Global Market Access to drive reimbursement optimization;
- Identify and communicate evidence requirements to optimize the global reimbursement landscape through creation of economic evidence strategies to support study and trial designs;
- Develops strategic relationships with professional societies, medical associations, advocacy groups, and thought leaders;
- Travel with Commercial to try and ascertain reimbursement needs post-launch;
- Prepare reimbursement template decks for meetings with hospitals, labs, or KOLs;
- Provide expert coverage, coding and payment information to external customers, as required by Commercial, both pre-launch and post-launch;
- Serves as the regional subject matter expert for field sales;
- Ensure customers/laboratories have a complete understanding of coding, coverage and billing requirements.
What you will need
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in business, management, healthcare administration or communications;
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in European reimbursement, with a focus on the United Kingdom, France, Italy, or Germany;
- Experience launching a molecular/clinical diagnostic test with the European reimbursement agencies;
- Extensive writing skills;
- Ability to give best in class reimbursement advice to Medical Affairs, Commercial and Product Development teams;
- Experience reviewing HTAs, coverage policies, payment regulations and interpreting the business impact to the Invitae oncology portfolio;
- Understanding of European reimbursement submission protocols and laboratory management practices;
- Ability to travel up to 65% and possesses a strong orientation to customer service and teamwork;
- Experience working with new medical technologies in the medical device, biologic, or pharmaceutical arena;
- Experienced in building account level access strategies and pull-through with field colleagues;
- Experience facilitating live training and in-service education (presentation skills).
Who you are:
- Must reside in the United Kingdom, Germany or Switzerland. Role will be remote from these locations only;
- Must be fluent in English; speaking multiple languages is not required but would be advantageous;
- Recognizes issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed;
- Ability to work with ambiguity and continuously adapt in a rapidly changing atmosphere;
- Demonstrates responsiveness and sense of urgency when pursuing goals and completing tasks;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and directly influencing business objectives.
Interested in this position? Please apply online by sending us your CV in English
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get to know us!
Do you want to know more about us and how we are changing the genetics industry?
- Visit our website Invitae.com
- Check out Invitae’s YouTube Channel
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram
/!\ Staffing and Recruiting Agencies /!\
Contact from Staffing and Recruitment Agencies are not appreciated and will be automatically disregarded.
Our vacancies are only intended for individuals.
Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency will be considered unsolicited. We do not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers.