Director, Payment Channel Sales (Remote) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
We are seeking a highly-motivated efficient individual to join our growing team as a Director, Channel Payment Sales in Austin/Remote. This role will be part of our Strategic Business Development Team whose focus is to partner with best of class solutions that help enable growth for our customer base. In this role you will lead channel sales with some of the world’s largest Payments companies (e.g. PayPal, Stripe, Barclays, Chase, Adyen and so many more), setting the vision for how to drive net new merchant growth from partner referral and reselling activities. A significant portion of BigCommerce’s annual new merchant growth comes via referrals from SBD’s partners.
Reporting to our Vice President and GM of Payments, with “dotted line” reporting and ongoing collaboration with the SVP, Business Development, you’ll have a huge impact on the ongoing success of the company by delivering material top-line revenue growth for the company through high value partners’ channel sales activities.
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside in Austin, TX, or in any major city in the US.What You’ll Do:
- Own the active MRR-driving initiatives with top payments partners. Currently, 3-4 programs are set to launch that show promise to be significant drivers of new merchant growth to BigCommerce from payments partners.
- Proficient building a pipeline of MRR and lead to quarterly KPI metrics
- Own the successful execution of these programs, working alongside the BigCommerce partner managers, and in alignment with Partner Marketing, Rev Ops and all relevant stakeholders at BigCommerce and the partner.
- Work closely with the payments team partner managers and their key partners to develop, pitch and execute activities crafted to drive net new merchants to BigCommerce (& the partner, as relevant), using partner strategic motivations and capabilities.
- Build cross-SBD familiarity with standard methodologies for driving MRR through partners, building an internal source of what works/doesn’t, and using findings to apply across teams outside of payments.
- Work with Rev Ops, Partner Marketing and Sales to leverage BigCommerce systems for efficient and effective tracking, attribution, reporting and optimization.
- Work alongside senior leadership to develop and execute BigCommerce’s next generation payment strategy, including crafting unique, high value partnerships across the payments value chain. These will be the next set of revenue drivers for the team.
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new insights.
- Lead team of partner managers to coordinate, develop, and deliver useful plans as aligned to business strategy.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field is preferred.
- Channel Management Experience: 10+ years experience managing channels (ideally in ecommerce) and coordinating and designing integration co-marketing programs with partners to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Director-level experience preferred. Plus 5+ years management experience.
- Payments Skill - You have experience in the payment industry, specifically working with payment providers/merchant services/banking/ISO/POS ecosystems.
- eCommerce Savvy - Experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients.
- Strategic - You thrive on challenges, are agile, possess an excellent deal of perspective and have a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Master Negotiator - You are a phenomenal salesperson who will be the role-model of excellence for the team. Your experience will allow you and others to strategically negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- Eye For Business - You're proficient and outspoken on processes and tools required to create scaled success. You’re experienced in aligning partner motivations with desired business outcomes to build creative programs that drive Partner + BigC KPIs.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Creativity - Creative solution designer and seller, aligning partner motivations and KPIs to build and implement successful, mutually profitable programs.
- Collaboration - Collaborative cross-functional player/mentor
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
What we Offer
Greatness is inherent in all people; this is a fact to us here at BigCommerce.
No matter your background or personal experiences, we strive to ensure every individual has an equal opportunity to grow - and to smash the limits of your potential!
We have award-winning Perks and Benefits, such as:
Open Vacation Policy
Paid volunteer time
Paid parental leave and newborn child sick leave
Ongoing training and development
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.