Location: Japan (remote)
Invitae is a rapidly growing medical genetics company whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
We are a multidisciplinary company executing a novel business model in a highly technical, highly regulated, and overly complex industry against a backdrop of rapid and disruptive technological advancement. Patients are at the center of everything we do, while we continually seek to improve and grow in efficiency and strive to produce consistent and reliable results.
At Invitae, we’re building an organization that can continuously innovate at scale. Equally importantly, we’re building a company where we love to work. As a team, we pride ourselves in having a diverse group of individuals who collaborate and work well together so that we can learn and grow from one another. We rely on each other to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual.
As you join team Invitae, you are expected to help us grow and modify our culture over time, and most importantly, to challenge us when we are not living up to it. It’s important to keep in mind that we craft and maintain our culture to serve our mission, and we will adjust our culture from time to time to optimize the pursuit of that mission.
About the role
To pursue our shared mission and help Invitae grow, we are looking for a Director, Pharma CDx Business Development, APAC.
The successful candidate brings to this role proven sales/consulting and business development experience, the ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams, as well as technical and commercial perspective on Pharmaceutical sponsored clinical trials and processes.
This position will be responsible for managing major Pharma to define specific product requirements in various stages of Drug Development and managing relationships with key collaborating partners. They will also be responsible for managing products and services for the Pharma accounts within the territory, maximizing customer value and satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives, building and maintaining relationship with key decision makers or potential influencers, as well as selling the emerging regulated clinical technologies portfolio specific to clinical trial markets within a designated territory resulting in executed contracts to support CDx and non-CDx opportunities.
What you will do
- Develop and execute business plans for targeted accounts. Complete a territory business analysis for management review on a quarterly basis
- Maintain relationships with major Pharma customer to design and coordinate clinical trial strategy for early through later stage programs
- Work with internal ArcherDX clinical market development and regulatory teams to deliver the product requirements within a regulated clinical trial environment
- Identify Companion Diagnostic (CDx) opportunities and non-CDx opportunities (non-registrational, research, etc)
- Implement pipeline strategy for ArcherDX products/applications to support Clinical Trials (ie. Solid tumor, heme oncology, immune-oncology, CART/gene therapy, etc)
- Maintain and develop the CRM database, provide monthly sales pipelines and forecasts
- Review, understanding, and compliance with all Regulatory and required policies and procedures (ie. GDPR, IT, etc)
Who you are
- A genetic counselor with a Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling and certified with HGSA (MHGSA/FHGSA)
- Reside in the Sydney area in Australia (other locations in Australia will be considered)
- Passionate about providing quality patient-care
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving needs and progressive workflows
- Strong time management skills
- Able to manage time and function independently to coordinate patient care
- A creative problem solver that thrives in a flexible, team-oriented environment
- A team player who supports colleagues to succeed in delivering on Invitae’s mission
- Strong, effective and direct communicator
What you will need
- Fluent Japanese and English is required
- Minimum 5 years of business development, sales or market development experience with direct ownership of Key Accounts (Pharma/CRO preferred)
- Graduate (minimum) qualification in an appropriate science subject, molecular biology preferred
- Skilled communicator comfortable working with personalized medicine and effective communicating to both internal and external audiences; a team player
- Strong understanding of NGS as well as Pharmaceutical therapeutic development in personalized and targeted medicine
- Self-starter with the ability to create and execute plans
- Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results
- Understanding of Regulatory Requirements (GLP, GCP, GMP, CLIA) within a Drug Development process including Phase I, II, III, IV clinical trials associated with personalized medicine requirements.
- Willingness to travel (50-75%)
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get to know us!
Do you want to know more about us and how we are changing the genetics industry?
- Visit our website Invitae.com
- Check out Invitae’s YouTube Channel
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
/!\ Staffing and Recruiting Agencies /!\
Contact from Staffing and Recruitment Agencies are not appreciated and will be automatically disregarded.
Our vacancies are only intended for individuals.
Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency will be considered unsolicited. We do not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers.