Director of Sales, MSP at LogicMonitor
What You'll Do:
The Director of Sales, MSP is responsible for building a scalable world-class sales function by creating and managing a team of Account Executives and Account Managers calling on Enterprise Accounts, selling across a variety of industry verticals and segments. Leading by example, this role will drive a culture of performance and measurements using sales processes and best practice methodologies, to achieve and excel against revenue targets. This role is to hire, coach, motivate and mentor a scaling team.
Here's a closer look at the duties in this key role:
- Deliver a sales motion that drives new customer acquisition and scalable, sustainable growth
- Build and manage a team of Account Executives focused on new MSP, customer acquisition and account management
- Work with the Sales Engineer team to ensure customers are presented a solution that fits their technical requirements and when necessary define & build client-tailored demonstrations; presenting to IT buyers and C-Suite executives
- Manage and measure the leading indicators of sales performance to ensure consistent, predictable and successful results.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com and like sales enablement technologies to manage AE performance.
- Achieve sales at or above stated quota and goals
- Monitor, support and coach sales representatives with prospecting, web-based sales presentations and demonstrations, follow-up calls and closings
- Drive and support field level activities (trade events, prospect visits, customer visits) and LM value proposition
- Partner with Marketing leadership to develop the funnel to support sales objectives
- Provide competitive MSP intel into the product and marketing teams
- Demand involvement of active LM leadership with sales team and in the sales process
- Commit to developing training, skills and knowledge to enable sales success
- Represent LM’s interests in market events as an evangelist of LogicMonitor
- Work consistently with counterparts from Professional Services, Customer Success, Marketing and other departments to drive results
- Achieve Quarterly and Annual Goals.
- Using 360' Feedback and coaching, develop a culture of mentoring and support
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree required; Business degree preferred
- 5+ years' experience hiring, coaching, mentoring, building and managing a solutions-sales team
- 5+ years' successful experience (exceeding quota) in a quota carrying sales role, selling into new accounts
- Prior experience selling MSP solutions to Enterprise customers
- Prior experience selling SaaS solutions to Enterprise customers preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interact within all levels of a solution partner or customer organization
- Successfully mastered the following skills: sales management, aggressive cold/warm calling, prospecting, product demonstration, and closing
- Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office
- Strong skills in leading sales engagements that have extended sales teams (partners / professional services / pre-sales / portfolio product experts / marketing / sales support / customer success
- Deep knowledge of the infrastructure technology, MSP and SaaS industry landscape