Director, Services Sales Productivity at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We're looking for a leader to drive the development of enablement programs and processes to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Professional Services Engagement Managers and the wider MongoDB Sales team. You will also play an instrumental role in the evolution of Professional Services offerings and messaging.
MongoDB Professional Services provides deep expertise to support customers' most critical projects and maximize their investment in the MongoDB application data platform. The Services Sales Productivity function within the Professional Services team helps ensure that Professional Services sold meets or exceeds quarterly targets and that we sell the most appropriate services to make our customers fantastically successful.
This is a new function within MongoDB and the right candidate will be prepared to roll up their sleeves and dive deep. The ideal candidate is customer-obsessed and understands what makes a Sales team thrive.
This role will/can be based remotely in the United States.What you’ll do
- EM ramping: Build and maintain a comprehensive, repeatable, and scalable enablement program for Engagement Managers, to minimally include:
- technical fundamentals of MongoDB's products, use cases, and adoption challenges
- The MongoDB sales process
- PS offerings and value prop
- Processes and tooling specific to services sales
- Content and Tooling: Build and refine content and tooling that supports EM productivity (e.g. proposal templates, estimation tooling, standard SOWs), and with PS leadership define data-driven approaches to measuring EM productivity to create positive feedback loops.
- EM Center of Excellence: Build a community of practice within the global EM community by driving knowledge sharing and cross-pollination across teams and regions.
- Metrics for Success: Working with Professional Services leadership, define and track leading indicators of services sales productivity.
- Internal Marketing: Support internal marketing and evangelism efforts for PS by building reusable marketing assets (e.g. deal stories, proof points), working with PS Product Marketing as needed.
- Local Sales Enablement: Support EMs with content to deliver internal training and enablement to their regional Sales teams
- Global Sales Enablement: Partner with the Sales Enablement team to drive the integration of PS into global Sales Enablement programs and initiatives
- External Marketing: Working with PS Product Marketing, drive the development of external marketing assets (e.g. proof points, case studies)
- Presales: As a subject matter expert on PS offerings, capabilities and messaging, support Engagement Managers in positioning, scoping and closing PS business on specific opportunities. From time to time, this may include (with the assigned EM) meeting with customers and helping to craft tailored PS proposals.
- New Offerings: Working with services practice leads as needed, develop new PS offerings or repackage existing offerings to keep pace with industry trends, customer needs and MongoDB product evolution.
- Scale: Work with senior PS leadership to scale the services productivity function in tandem with the growth of the PS organization and business.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience in a software or technology-related field. Aptitude and attitude are more important than credentials
- Working knowledge of the application development lifecycle and modern software development methodologies. You are comfortable and familiar with modern software development practices and infrastructure
- Broad familiarity with technology concepts, use cases and trends (e.g. Digital Customer and eCommerce, IoT, Blockchain, AI & Machine Learning, Digital Enterprise, Content Management, Single View)
- Customer-facing experience in enterprise technology professional services, in a sales or delivery role (preferably both)
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Exposure to one or more database technologies. Knowledge of MongoDB is a plus, but not required
- Ability to articulate the business value of professional services in the context of the adoption of complex enterprise technology
- A “can-do” attitude, and the ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire teams to their best work, and build a culture of excellence and inclusivity
Within 3 months:
- Attend new hire sales training to learn the technology, what we sell and how we sell it
- Complete new hire technical training to acquire technical knowledge of MongoDB products, their specific capabilities and use cases
- Familiarize yourself with our business model, organizational structure, and sales assets
- Understand gaps in EM enablement; develop initial content to address
Within 6 months:
- Establish comprehensive and scalable EM new hire training program - optimizing EM ramp time
- Be a key support function to EMs on active services opportunities
- Partner with Sales Enablement to integrate PS into enablement programs for the broader Sales team
- Partner with PS Product Marketing to create several PS marketing assets (e.g. deal stories, proof points, customer case studies) and define processes for the sustainable production of such assets
Within 12 months:
- Working with services practice leads and other teams as appropriate, contribute to the proactive and ongoing evolution of MongoDB professional services offerings, from marketing to sales to delivery
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.