Director of Specialized Verticals
Director of Specialized Verticals
Why YOU want this position
Drillinginfo is now Enverus! Since our founding as a groundbreaking provider of oil & gas data, we have evolved our solutions to cover oil & gas analytics, trading & risk, and business automation for customers across the energy industry. Enverus represents this growth, while bringing us closer together as one team. Enverus delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, minerals, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
We are currently seeking a highly driven Director of Specialized Verticals to join our Sales team in Houston, Dallas, Austin or Denver. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions to customers in the world’s most dynamic and fastest growing sector. Enverus is the right company at the right time.
- Expected to lead from the front and by example.
- Minimal travel if located in Houston. Travel up to 30 to 50% if located in Dallas, Austin or Denver.
- Manage team of hiring managers and own the weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting of new business.
- Responsible for leading a team of Account Directors, Account Executives and Account Managers in multiple locations and holding the team accountable for new business and renewal activities required to achieve individual and team targets.
- Recruit, develop and retain sales talent in both the APAC and EMEA markets to meet/exceed corporate goals.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Build and maintain key industry relationships.
- Drive higher bookings, product usage, and customer satisfaction through cross-functional management of the delivery, promotion, and adoption of high-value product assets.
- Collaborate closely with marketing, ensuring that the value of promotions and our solution is well-understood internally and externally to facilitate high awareness, faster sales, and better customer satisfaction
- Be an outstanding external spokesperson for the company and its product lines
Competitive Candidate Profile
- BS in Business, Computer Science or an Engineering field
- 7-10 years of software sales management experience with meeting or exceeding company goals.
- Significant functional knowledge of oil and gas commodities trading, energy markets and risk management
- Experience in front/mid/back office business processes and functions, including Energy Trading and Risk Management systems (ETRM/CTRM)
- Ability to utilize data to drive decision making, through experience with SalesForce pipeline, activity and forecasting process.
- Demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new areas quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a cross-functional organization
- The intangibles include being driven by results, high goal-orientation, working with urgency. In other words, you MUST have a strong motor!
- Demonstrate expertise of the enterprise sales process (Lead generation, discovery, value proposition, buying process, decision makers, risk mitigation and closing).
- Exhibit a creative mind in crafting solutions and commercial agreements; persistent and willing to take measured risks on deals; ability to challenge our thinking and make us stretch on deals.
- Experience required in SaaS /Recurring contracts related to complex technology deployments.
- Demonstrated experience forecasting new business on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and semi-annual basis.