Enterprise Sales Account Executive - Prospecting – Financial Solutions at Blackbaud
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
Blackbaud is looking for Account Executives – Financial Edge NXT as part of a newly formed Business Unit. As a key member of the Blackbaud Sales Team, the Account Executive will be responsible for identifying and cultivating new prospects and penetrating existing customers within an assigned territory.
The Account Executive must be able to navigate through complex organizations positioning Blackbaud's software, services and training as a purpose-built enterprise solution. The Account Executive must also work collaboratively with other partners in our larger sales engagements to provide a total integrated solution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing sales activities to exceed assigned revenue objectives.
- Providing tactical and strategic plans with specific measurable time frames to penetrate an account.
- Collaborate with Client Success Managers (i.e. Account Managers) to generate additional revenue from existing client base.
- Prospect (cold calling, following up on leads, completing RFP's etc.) into new accounts to establish relationships.
- Executing aggressively on the plan to position Blackbaud as solution of choice.
- Becoming a "trusted business advisor" and establish Executive relationships at senior levels within client accounts.
- Differentiating Blackbaud's solution by positioning professional services.
- Provide and or coordinate appropriate resources such as online demonstrations and proposals when needed to educate clients and advance sales cycles.
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline and timely sales forecasts to management.
- Identifying internal teams, providing direction and leadership in each sales engagement.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer industry trends.
What we’ll want you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in positioning and selling financial and/or accounting software solutions
- Knowledge and experience working within a solution-selling or consultative selling methodology.
- Experience selling/navigating a complex sale.
- Strong focus on acquiring new business while continuing to cultivate existing account relationships.
- A proven track record of consistent over quota achievement within a software vendor.
- Entrepreneurial drive and work ethic.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Approximately 30% - 50% travel is required.
- Nonprofit industry experience is also a plus
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.