Enterprise Sales Account Executive - Prospecting – Financial Solutions at Blackbaud
About the role:
Blackbaud is looking for Account Executives to join the team and support our Financial Management software solutions. As a key member of the Blackbaud Sales Team, the Account Executive will be responsible for identifying and cultivating new prospects and penetrating existing customers within an assigned territory. The Account Executive must be able to navigate through complex organizations positioning Blackbaud's software, services and training as a purpose-built enterprise solution. The Account Executive must also work collaboratively with other partners in our larger sales engagements to provide a total integrated solution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing sales activities to exceed assigned revenue objectives.
- Providing tactical and strategic plans with specific measurable time frames to penetrate an account.
- Collaborate with Client Success Managers (i.e. Account Managers) to generate additional revenue from existing client base.
- Prospect (cold calling, following up on leads, completing RFP's etc.) into new accounts to establish relationships.
- Executing aggressively on the plan to position Blackbaud as solution of choice.
- Becoming a "trusted business advisor" and establish Executive relationships at senior levels within client accounts.
- Differentiating Blackbaud's solution by positioning professional services.
- Provide and or coordinate appropriate resources such as online demonstrations and proposals when needed to educate clients and advance sales cycles.
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline and timely sales forecasts to management.
- Identifying internal teams, providing direction and leadership in each sales engagement.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer industry trends.
What we’ll want you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in positioning and selling financial and/or accounting software solutions
- Knowledge and experience working within a solution-selling or consultative selling methodology.
- Experience selling/navigating a complex sale.
- Strong focus on acquiring new business while continuing to cultivate existing account relationships.
- A proven track record of consistent over quota achievement within a software vendor.
- Entrepreneurial drive and work ethic.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Approximately 30% - 50% travel is required.
- Nonprofit industry experience is also a plus