Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
- Maintains compliance with Orchard Title of Texas policies and procedures in accordance with governing laws, regulations, regulatory agencies and company standards
- Follow standardized procedures to complete escrow transactions in an accurate and timely manner by determining requirements, clearing titles, creating and processing closing documents, and disbursing funds
- Obtain clear title by ordering title reports, resolving title defects, satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals
- Prepare closing disclosures, escrow agreements and all other settlement documents according to lender and/or buyer/seller instructions
- Audit all files for accuracy, completion, and compliance to prevent potential claims
- Coordinate closings via e-notary or mobile notary services
- Provide correct lender closing instructions and oversee the receipt and proper disbursement of funds
- Ensure all outstanding checks and escrowed funds are properly managed
- Satisfy any post-closing activities that may be required
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with cross-department contacts in Customer Experience / Sales, Contract Operations, and Funding to promptly troubleshoot and resolve any issues in the Title process to avoid delays
- Establish and maintain positive internal and external customer relationships by providing exceptional customer service and professional communication to clients, realtors, lenders, and mortgage brokers
- 3+ yrs of real estate experience in any combination of the following: loan closing and funding operations, contract coordination, title and escrow
- 2+ years of experience as an Escrow Officer or Processor is preferred
- Working knowledge of TX state-level escrow rules and regulations enforced by Texas Dept of Insurance
- Microsoft Suite and Google Doc proficient
- Confident working with technologies and speciality software (e.g. ResWare)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent is required; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Team player, who subscribes to the concept of “Team Before Self” and always willing to pitch in for the good of the team
- Finds satisfaction in mastering complex processes and contributing with the understanding of his/her role within a larger series of processes
- Organized and exceptionally detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and customer service skills