Federal Account Executive - Intelligence Community at Elastic
Elastic is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
Elastic is searching for a Public Sector Account Executive to expand our Intelligence Community Accounts. Elastic’s Public Sector team is dedicated to developing solutions tailored to our Government customer base. Our account executives are individual contributors and execute on regional plans, including identification of core customers and mapping the benefits of Elastic's solutions to solve customers' challenges and ensure customers' success.What You Will Be Doing:
- Own your territory and grow your pipeline - identify prospects, diagnose needs, prescribe solutions, negotiate, and problem-solve to build and meet Government customers’ demand for Elastic’s services.
- Position yourself as the industry authority and consultant to your partners and prospects by understanding their needs, enabling your customers to get business insights in real-time data exploration, and providing them with the most sophisticated open-source search and analytics engine available.
- Collaborate with peers to develop fresh approaches, winning strategies, and champion sustained success.
- Drive new business and be a phenomenal partner within your region to customers by being an inspiring leader in your marketplace.
- Use SFDC to forecast activity and recurring monthly revenue achievement.
- Travel to meet customers or as business requires (30%).
- Have 7+ years of successful experience selling SaaS and/or open-source software.
- Have 5+ years of experience selling into National Security (Intelligence Community) Accounts
- Active TS/SCI clearance at a minimum
- Have knowledge of Big Data, Cloud, Systems Infrastructure, Enterprise Application Integration, Database and/or Data warehouse concepts and products.
- Are known for your operational excellence, ability to effectively utilize your own time, and are passionate about demonstrating the power of technology to do incredible work.
- Are consultative in relationships with your customers and have the ability to establish trust.
- Can communicate with both developers and executives.
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with a great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe looking after our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.