About the department
Channel Account Managers, Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic leader to develop Cloudflare Alliance partners in the Americas focused on Global Systems Integrators (GSI’s), plus some of the Emerging Regional SI’s. You will have the opportunity to leverage leadership, motivational and strategic business skills to make an impact and help customers enable secure transformation to the cloud. The ideal candidate will have significant experience generating new enterprise business through alliances and developing new growth opportunities for Cloudflare. This is your opportunity to join a red hot, fast growing, market leading, cloud security company. If you want to experience explosive growth and be given the responsibility and challenge to impact a company’s success, this is the opportunity for you.
- Establish effective working relationships with the Alliance Partner, Cloudflare Sales Leadership and Account Managers, Marketing and Support teams
- Develop a core understanding of the unique business needs of prospects and customers within the Partners’ respective fields of specialty and expertise
- Develop three (3) year Global Alliance partner strategy plan that clearly demonstrates a plan to that delivers profitable growth to Cloudflare that outpaces the market
- Develop and maintain detailed working knowledge of SI partner’s service offering portfolio and leverage Cloudflare’s strengths to fill partner portfolio gaps and improve partner’s ability to compete
- Build and develop durable executive relationships resulting in a delighted partner and delighted customers
- Own, influence, and orchestrate relationships within the partner Offering teams that can help drive Cloudflare offerings and strategic positioning
- Facilitate engagement between Cloudflare product management teams and SI partner to support joint solution development
- Identify and drive joint offering opportunities and placement of Cloudflare technologies as partner acknowledged standards
- Understand Systems Integrator's service offerings and service delivery financial models and constraints, and lead effort to develop custom financial models for Cloudflare products when needed
- Responsible for overall pricing strategy with GSI partner and decision support analysis for pricing and discounting decisions
- Support large joint deals when necessary
- Enable and train extended Alliance teams on key sales plays and provide global deal coordination
- Facilitate legal requests and manage contract negotiations
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience working with GSI’s, ideally in the following disciplines: business development/alliances; partner sales at a leading high-tech company; enterprise sales
- Systems Integrator experience required; preferably within the security practices of the large GSI’s. Any Service Provider experience a plus.
- Technical skills including the ability to understand (1) product roadmaps; (2) market conditions and factors; and (3) complex partner requirements
- Track record of exceptional performance at past roles
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into execution plans
- Ability to influence and build consensus with people across all levels and functions with a sense of urgency
- Experience negotiating complex agreements in a timely manner
- Crisp and effective communication skills, including significant experience presenting to senior executives
- Ability to convey a shared vision to build buy-in for an idea or concept
- Strong knowledge of the Networking, Security and Cloud industries
- Strong knowledge of Cloudflare products and processes preferred
- Must be willing to travel including attendance at all business reviews and ad hoc meetings.
- Demonstrate leadership that promotes and exemplifies the highest levels of teamwork, personal accountability, and mutual support to the SI.
- Success selling complex solutions (preferably in SaaS environments) both to & through Service Providers.
- Organized & Disciplined, and a 'do what it takes' attitude.
- Prior experience with network transformation technologies and any past history working in early stage technology start-ups.
- Superb organizational skills and demonstrated history outlining and establishing sales strategies.