Global Head of Strategic Accounts at A Cloud Guru
DYNAMIC | THOUGHT LEADER | INVENTIVE
As the Global Head of Strategic Accounts at A Cloud Guru, you will have the opportunity to build, lead, and develop a team of Strategic Sellers within a fast-paced and hyper-growth company. Your team will be focused on the highest value accounts across our portfolio. Your leadership and strategic vision will have a direct impact on the value our strategic accounts realize from their use of ACG, the development of your team, and ACG’s success crushing revenue goals. This position reports into our Senior Vice President, Global Sales.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the Sales team awesome...
We’re serious about keeping work fun and creating new opportunities for organizations and their people. We’d shout it from the rooftops, but we find that calls, emails, and face-to-face chats are more effective. Hunger and passion are great, but they’re nothing without humility. We’re a team that puts our students first and checks our egos at the door. Think: less chest beating, more high fives.
You’re not coming into a machine that’s been working for 20 years — you’re coming in to build things. Sarah Hiking Guru (and Account Executive)
It makes a difference when you can get out of bed in the morning selling something that’s doing actual good. And that businesses actually want. Organizations all over the world, of all sizes, in every industry, are facing a major challenge and opportunity with cloud. We reach out to these businesses with real value, because we have a product they need. –Madeline, Fitness Guru (and Relationship Manager)As the Global Head of Strategic Accounts at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Hire and develop a team of experienced Strategic Sellers and Key Account Managers
- Consistently deliver against team revenue goals
- Assist your team throughout their strategic sales cycles by deeply understanding customers needs and mapping them to the value of ACG
- Support team in navigating, closing and expanding within multimillion-dollar accounts
- Partner with sales leadership to further define a successful and repeatable strategic enterprise sales process
- Work cross-functionally with Customer Success, Marketing, Product, Content, Operations, and Legal to build your strategic go-to-market approach that will deliver against our targets and create the best customer experience
- Understand the challenges facing the team and clear the way to allow for success
We are looking for someone who can:
- Regularly report on team and individual results through pipeline management and forecasting
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency and productivity
- Assist with complex enterprise sales negotiations, attend sales presentations and close deals as necessary
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 8+ years of experience managing high performing software sales teams (preferably for a SaaS company)
- 4+ years of managing an Strategic sales team within major or large accounts that have average contract values north of $500k
- Successful track record of 100%+ of quota achievement as a manager and individual contributor in Strategic sales
- Previous experience recruiting, retaining, and developing a team from the ground up
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of business acumen and understanding of how tech decision makers think
- Previous experience selling into senior tech and cloud leadership (CIO, CTO, L&D experience preferred)
- Demonstrate problem-solving and performance analysis skills; including strategic planning
You need hunger and passion to succeed, but you also need humility. It's not about chest beating here. It's about collaboration. –Travis, VP of SalesMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room,
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.