Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Group Manager for Scaled Customer Success will run our “tech-touch” Customer Success team and program to support a rapidly growing portfolio of customer accounts with a digital-first strategy to ensure broad adoption success throughout Atlassian’s customer base.
As the leader of this team, you will build out and manage a team of success journey, content, and automation specialists to unlock the customer time to value in each of our SaaS products.
You will be responsible for defining Atlassian’s customer success digital outreach strategy through multiple in-product, messaging, and digital channels to unlock customer potential and time-to-value. This means connecting the customer value journey within each of our cloud products, to a digital outreach and adoption content playbook, harvesting the knowledge from our Customer Success Managers, and targeting the right content throughout the adoption and growth lifecycle.
You will also experiment with different tactics and drive continuous improvement, growth, and innovation across the people, processes, and tools that drive outcomes for customers at scale. A successful leader will drive the overall delivery of the digital CS program, achieving team OKRs, defining operational processes, building strong cross-functional relationships, and mentoring the team to exceed their goals.
As a Group Manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Defining the strategy and operational management of the Digital Customer Success team
- Hiring the right mix of capabilities of the customer journey, content, and operational team members
- Process and workflow development, including but not limited to customer research and discovery, systems and tooling SOPs, reporting, and data insights
- Establishing a deeply data-driven approach to analyzing customer segmentation and engagement data tied to health and churn risk factors to optimize for targeted outreach
- Identifying key usage trends and testing multivariate campaigns to enhance engagement and outcomes across customer personas and cohorts
- OKR management and business metrics reporting
- Work planning and campaign strategy and development
- Customer segmentation, persona, and journey mapping
- Brainstorming and developing strategic recommendations for how to improve the overall post-sales experience for Atlassian customers
- Team growth planning and performance assessments
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years in a Customer Success or related field with a scaled digital touch team
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated experience building digital Customer Success strategies at scale
- Campaign development experience across complex customer journies and cohorts
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to develop and run multivariate testing
- Proven track record of continuous improvement in process, tools, and customer outcomes
- Comfort in developing reporting strategy, processes, and metrics management in Tableau or similar
- Analytical skills to identify and articulate themes from customer data
- Experience working with customer success & activity tools like Gainsight, Amplitude and Pendo
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including executive-level reporting and presentations
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience working in or with Atlassian products
More about our team
Atlassian Customer Success exists to unlock early and sustained high-value, in-product outcomes for our customers ensuring product adoption, growth, and expansion. We engage customers throughout their journey of adoption, growth, and innovation mitigating risk when customers encounter obstacles, evangelizing standard methodologies, and delivering insights on customer needs back to the business are at the heart of what we do.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.