At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
The Business Development organization will be anchored in a culture focused on the development & training of its employees, incubating talent across the company, teamwork, and celebrating success. When executed well, we believe the Business Development organization will be a competitive differentiator for Cloudflare. We will do this through a maniacal focus on people, process, and tools delivering pipeline at scale to our sales counterparts.
About the Role
You will play a critical role in building out our growing team of Outbound Business Development Representatives across all Field Territories. We are seeking a talented people manager, motivator, coach, process builder, and strategist to help optimize many of our customers' first interactions with Cloudflare. You will lead a team of Managers and individual contributors based out of Austin, TX and San Francisco, CA. The main objective of the team is to prospect (via phone, email, or social) into key/target/focus accounts within the G2K, qualify and garner interest in Cloudflare solutions, and set meetings for Account Executives.
- Carry and exceed your team’s quota
- Be a dotted line leader for other BDR functions
- Develop and maintain management protocol for team meetings, 1:1’s, Performance Improvement Plans, career development and team culture.
- Develop Business Development Representatives and guide them in career progression
- Work closely with marketing to identify and improve the most important KPI’s for outbound pipeline creation, revenue generation, and campaign performance
- Work and build relationships cross functionally with Sales, Marketing, Sales Enablement and Operations.
- Recruit, interview, and hire excellent BDRs at scale
- Onboard and train BDRs to develop sales skills and product knowledge
- Bring a strong coaching mindset and support your BDRs through call coaching, sequence review and development, email and social selling strategies, objection handling, etc.
- Be able to identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity
- Forecast, report, track, and manage sales activities and results using Salesforce.com
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting on KPIs, lead pipeline, conversation of qualified opportunities and overall effectiveness
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5+ years of Leadership experience within Business Development
- Experience working within enterprise software industry, ideally SaaS
- Track record of exceeding quota
- Extensive Salesforce expertise. Ability to create and modify reports is a plus
- Familiarity with the following business development technologies: Marketo, LeanData, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Intricately, etc
- Demonstrative executive presence and ability to influence at all levels of the organization - proven success aligning key stakeholders such as Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Business Development
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.