Head of Global Sales Compensation at Cloudflare
Sales Operations, Account Executives, Channel Account Managers, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers and Customer Success - all working together to help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.What you'll do
We are looking for a highly skilled sales compensation leader to join our fast growing global sales team. This position will be responsible for the end-to-end sales compensation including design & administration. This role incorporates strategic planning, data analysis and hands on execution for a hyper growth sales team. The candidate should be familiar with SaaS GTM models and sales processes, in order to align incentives with roles and responsibilities that support the overall sales strategy. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic, data-driven environment, and demonstrate curiosity, empathy and initiative.
- Manage the end to end sales compensation function from plan design to plan administration and communications, to credit processing and reporting.
- Manage & grow the Sales compensation team
- Build and/or maintain a variety of models to track/forecast program costs and determine potential break-even and/or ROI. Report to finance on commission cost trends and drivers
- Communicate with sales team and relevant stakeholders on policy and program changes in a compelling and effective manner
- Participate in commission plan and quota design cycles, performing analyses to inform potential plan improvements, design, and quota changes
- Respond to crediting conflicts between different sales teams and roles
- Develop commission plan training materials and build earnings estimators
- Respond to plan design exception requests from regional leadership
- Project managing deployment solutions across internal and external business partners, from documentation of final plan designs through deployment
- Be a trusted advisor to the sales organization and recommend solutions to compensation and performance related issues
- Evaluate the current Reward and Recognition programs and recommend improvements based on best practice
- BA/BS, 15+ years work experience in B2B sales compensation
- Ability to independently address analytical requests: understand the core question being asked, gather needed data, build models and validate assumptions, perform analyses, summarize, and present results in a compelling manner
- Expert on incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings, excellence, pay for performance)
- Superb Excel skills: model building, use of advanced formulas and arrays, pivot tables, data manipulation
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization to solve problems.
- Extensive experience managing Salesforce.com and compensation systems
- Management experience
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.