Head of Global Sales Development
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
We are looking for an experienced Global Leader of Sales Development with a proven track record with teams of 10+ experience growing a sales development team to 50+. The right candidate will be data-driven and have developed a mastery of the top of the funnel and pipeline development. They will also have proven experience excelling at motivating, building and managing a team, and have extensive experience in making top of the funnel and internal processes more efficient. We’re looking for someone who will be passionate about the craft of sales development and dedicated to its success at Medallia.
This leader must have strong B2B SaaS enterprise sales development and management experience and have built or grown and managed successful multi-channel inbound and outbound sales development business units previously. Ideally someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves and continue to iterate and build upon existing processes while providing innovation to support definition and implementation of the plan to exceed sales development objectives. The successful candidate will inspire, lead, coach and manage a Global Sales Development Team to ensure pipeline goals are met.
Individuals in this role should possess in-depth knowledge in sales development management best practices, managing MQLs and converting them to SQLs, and managing a teams to meet and exceed pipeline goals.
The right candidates have a passion for developing both scalable strategies for growth and the people on their team.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of leading a team as a sales development Director or VP; preferably with 1-3 years of global management
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in sales development a fast-paced technology/SaaS company
- Significant experience managing and growing outbound and inbound prospecting that includes targeting, outbound drip campaigns and support for website visitors, chat, email, phone, and event-driven interest and cold lead sources
- Experience scaling a team of 20+ Reps & Managers globally that serves as the starting point for sales and other careers at Medallia and routinely promotes individuals into new roles
- Demonstrated experience driving rigorous sales development execution and oversight, KPI management including hourly/daily metrics, forecasting, and pipeline management
- Leverage sales automation, funnel management and prospecting tools to generate SQLs and to accurately meet forecast sales and revenue targets
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Work cross-functionally with enablement, marketing, sales teams, and sales operations to develop strategies and execution plans to grow the pipeline
- Strong ability to coach your managers and sales representatives to higher performance
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience
- MBA, MS in a relevant field, or other similar advanced degree
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
Read Full Job Description