At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
About the Role
Our North America Enterprise sales team is building a Strategic Accounts segment to focus senior pursuit teams on customers and prospects with high growth potential. Cloudflare has had great success bringing Fortune 1000 companies onto our platform and this team will do that with more focus, faster pace and higher long term growth expectations.
As the Head of North America Strategic Account Sales you will lead our Strategic Account sales team reporting directly to the Head of North America Enterprise Sales. We are seeking a highly experienced and talented Strategic or Key Accounts Sales Leader to help us manage and grow the organization with overall responsibility for driving Cloudflare's revenue, hiring and brand awareness while maintaining the Cloudflare Culture.
The Head of Strategic Sales will require leadership that spans go-to-market strategy development, key account planning and development, executive relationship mapping and alignment, cultivating deep levels of trust and product co-creation, balancing short term with long term sales cycles and collaborating extensively cross-functionally to bring to bear product, marketing, support, success, solution engineering and channel onto our highest growth potential accounts. The goal is cultivating delighted, referenceable, multi-million dollar (ACV) large enterprise Cloudflare customers who obtain business value from today’s portfolio and our future roadmap.
- Drive sales growth through successful leadership, organizational planning, customer service, and outstanding execution of all regional go-to-market programs (sales, customer success, solutions engineering, business development, support and field marketing).
- Lead a senior, experienced team of Strategic Account Executives directly and indirectly lead the supporting roles and resources surrounding our strategic accounts
- Continue to grow and build the U.S. Sales team and drive the hiring needs through partnering with global functional leadership and recruiting resources.
- Adopt and influence the companies sales methodology/process and drive best practices on selling, forecasting, and account management.
- Continuously design, build and execute strategies for the U.S. in collaboration with various regional and global functional leaders especially as it relates to multinational corporations with distributed buying centers and infrastructures
- Represent Cloudflare as the single point of contact for all operational concerns, ensuring proper and timely escalation and resolution.
- Ensure that corporate policy and regulatory initiatives are consistently applied and followed by the sales organization.
- Outstanding leadership - inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead teams, develop talent and effect change. Willing and able to be a “doer” and “influencer”.
- Drive business cadence for forecast calls, functional review meetings, deal review, customer account reviews, weekly team meetings and periodic company-wide kick offs.
- Represent Cloudflare as appropriate at external conferences, media and PR events. Maintain relationships with the Economic Bureau of Development and other related associations.
- Travel within the U.S. will be expected.
Examples of desired skills, knowledge and qualifications
- 15+ years of senior level sales leadership experience, coupled with 10+ years of direct B2B selling experience to large enterprise accounts.
- Experience managing longer, complex sales cycles but driving a quarterly cadence.
- Proven ability to sell solutions to large strategic customers.
- Strong understanding of sales process/methodology, pipeline management, accurate forecasting and delivering results quarterly.
- Individuals that have been promoted to sales leadership within companies is a plus with a proven track record of significant over-quota achievement and demonstrated career stability.
- Experience selling into Financial Services, Healthcare, Media/Publishing, SaaS and Technology companies.
- Experience in network performance and security, “how the internet works”, corporate networking and SD-WAN as well as industry concepts such as Zero Trust and SASE.
- Aptitude for learning technical concepts/terms (technical background in engineering, computer science, or IT is a plus).
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills to executives & individual contributors.
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree required.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.