Head of Sales at Bold Commerce (Austin, TX)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:34 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences — across all channels. Pepsi, Staples Canada, Vera Bradley, and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 400 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
Bold is looking for a Head of Sales to lead our company wide sales execution and the teams who support it. Reporting directly to the COO, this person will oversee our Sales, Partnerships and Solutions Consulting departments. Their main goal is to generate scalable, repeatable and predictable bookings and revenue while managing the strategy and execution of key go to market motions. They must have a passion and a thorough understanding of the ecommerce space to sell our products properly and give Bold a competitive edge.
The ideal candidate has a successful and proven background in leading strategic sales and revenue efforts in a fast-growing SaaS company, preferably in ecommerce. We are looking for a highly motivated sales executive who can build and lead a powerful team to bring Bold’s solutions to the largest brands in the industry. This position requires someone who is passionate about scaling and mentoring a growing enterprise team, but who can also personally lead a sales process for some of our most critical sales opportunities.
What you’ll do
- Participate actively in strategic and business unit planning to develop reasonable and thorough revenue projections for annual budgets and multi-year projections
- Develop growth strategies with the executive team and board of directors
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and coordinating compensation and promotions with these metrics
- Lead the development and execution of sales strategies for existing and net new accounts - value proposition, sales organization and core processes
- Lead the development of client retention strategies
- Drive efficiencies in achieving client satisfaction excellence by members of the sales organization
- Coach and mentor leaders and sales teams for improved sales effectiveness
- Drive strong cross-business and cross-functional cooperation in the company
- Develop and implement robust sales management processes – pipeline, account planning, and proposals
- Oversee all Channel/Partner Development - adding new sales channels and 3rd party partners
- Leverage customer research to provide strategic leadership for brand architecture and positioning
What we’re looking for
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
- 15+ years experience of B2B enterprise software sales with a proven track record of closing business
- Minimum 10+ years experience in building, leading and mentoring a high performing sales organization
- A proven track record of revenue generation, client retention, and sales target achievement
- An entrepreneurial mindset and ability to overcome challenges with a positive attitude
- Executive presence – ability to communicate with excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent customer relations skills with the ability to establish strong relationships with senior executives within established accounts and potential new clients
- Ability to strategically manage complex situations and formulate executable solutions in short time frames
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let’s start the conversation
If you’re a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!
Read Full Job Description