Home Loan Officer Assistant at Orchard
Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
- Main job duty of assisting Home Loan Officer to service inbound leads in support of Orchard Homes
- Detail-Oriented with Mortgage or Real Estate knowledge preferred, but not required.
- High-level of integrity and morals (no bad apples in this Orchard)
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to assist multiple Loan Officers handling hundreds of leads per month
- Provide top-notch customer service by effectively communicating and cooperating with team members and customers.
- Preparing loan application and files for HLA review.
- Collect documentation and follow up information, reviewing applications for discrepancies or missing information, and inputting notes into database.
- Track all outstanding items on all files if conditioned by lender and follow up with customers or external parties to ensure timely receipt of necessary documentation while loan is in process.
- Basic understanding of loan programs and company guidelines.
- Respond to customers’ general questions, inquiries and concerns while escalating to Home Loan Officer for all licensed required activity
- Update customers, real estate agents, and title companies on the loan’s progress and status
- Maintains Home Loan Officers lead database of customer information (CRM management)
- Own the setup/processing of each file by ordering title, homeowners insurance, appraisals, pay offs, HOA docs, VOE/VOI etc.
- Calculate income, assets and liabilities per lender requirements
- Familiar with Mortgage POS and LOS systems preferred, but not required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Previous 2+ years’ experience with mortgage loan processing required
- Can substitute degree/years of experience for direct experience as a Home Loan Advisor or Underwriter
- Familiar with TPO/Broker processing model
- Proficient with DU/DO and LPA
- Analytical with good attention to detail
- Good judgment and the ability to work independently
- Familiar with FHA, VA, USDA and conventional products
- Ability to multitask, work well under time constraints and within deadlines
- Strong math, writing, and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel or Google equivalent
- Excellent time management; ability to work in fast-paced environment
- G-Suite/Shared Drives/Encrypted file management/communication
- DU/DO/LPA experience required
- FHA Connection/VA Portal helpful
- CRM experience required
- POS experience required
- LOS experience helpful