Implementation Consultant at Social Solutions
Are you energized and enthusiastic about delivering high-quality solutions to end users? Are you excited about implementing software for our Non-Profit and Public-Sector Customers? If so, keep reading!
What you'll do
The Implementation Consultant works closely with Project Managers, Developers, and other resources as needed, to assess, design and implement SSG's software solutions. The primary responsibility of the Implementation Consultant is to design and implement the solution that meets the customer's requirements taking into consideration interfaces, data migration, customizations, and other diverse elements of the total solution. This role will establish, use, and educate others regarding best practices in the application(s). This role is responsible for the overall customer-specific solution's quality, scalability and usability, providing oversight for the design of a system that meets and exceeds customer expectations. Implementation Consultants are expected to acquire and maintain expertise in the full suite of ETO and/or Apricot products, modules and features such that new, creative and previously unchartered paths to achieving customer requirements are pursued.
- Accountable application design and configuration for customer specific solutions
- Work with a team in gathering requirements for complex systems from customer subject matter experts
- Expertly perform technical demonstrations of solution to clients and relate to specific client workflows
- Produce clearly articulated solution documents and demonstrations, with the ability to estimate hours and timeline necessary to complete the work
- Ensure the deliverables of cross functional teams meet the requirements in a seamless fashion for customers
- Work in collaboration with Project Managers, technical resources, and customer subject matter experts to ensure the architectural integrity and long-term supportability of proposed and implemented solutions
- Contribute to project deliverables and documentation as needed
- Lead work sessions with customer subject matter experts to thoroughly evaluate and understand requirements
- Maintain up to date expertise of all ETO and/or Apricot features, modules, add-ons, etc.
- Collaborate with internal technical resources to envision and design solutions which require code-based work, which complement the configured solution of the core product
- Clearly and regularly communicate to Project Managers all anticipated completion dates, risk factors, and likely changes in scope
- Properly handle project risk and escalations, involving department management when necessary
- Contribute to the on-going development and improvement of standardized project implementation methodologies, particularly for integrating complex technical solutions into existing ETO and/or Apricot implementation methodologies
- Maintain accurate project records in SSG's internal CRM
- Responsible for mentoring, coaching and promoting knowledge sharing and expertise development across the department and company
- 4+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of related experience in software implementation
- Experience effectively documenting requirements and documenting solution design – able to articulate and provide examples of methodologies used
- Solid troubleshooting skills and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to Social Solutions' vision of becoming the premier provider of performance management software in the country.
- Experience with data migration projects including but not limited to planning, mapping, execution, and QA
- Strong knowledge of and experience with web technologies, reporting packages (Business Objects Web Intelligence preferred) and databases (SQL), including the ability to create custom queries for data analysis purposes.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
Preferred Additional Experience:
- End-user or administrator-level experience with SSG's solutions (ETO, Apricot)
- Experience with human services/social services programs or organizations
- Familiarity with local, state, and/or federal government databases and reporting requirements
- Experience as a government contractor or working as part of a project team for government contracts
- Familiarity with SQL syntax a plus
- Direct experience as part of a software implementation team
- End user experience with Salesforce.com
Why We're Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin's Best Places to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That's why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to do even more good. We help those that are changing the world.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- Flexible PTO
- 8 hours per quarter of volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hour
- Career advancement opportunities
- That's not all folks!
To ensure candidate and employee health, Social Solutions is conducting the interview process remotely via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In order fulfill Social Solutions' mission to "help people transform lives," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.