Inside Account Manager at CrowdStrike
About the Role:
CrowdStrike is seeking Account Managers to be part of a team responsible for ensuring that our customers are successful and thriving with our next generation endpoint technology. You will proactively advocate for the customer -- focusing on high levels of adoption to ensure customer satisfaction and be responsible for all upgrades and renewals within your accounts. You will identify key MBO’s from customers to drive a roadmap, milestones and creation of customer champions as a trusted advisor.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of success, consultative selling approach, and hail from a SaaS or security company. You will need to be a great listener, strong communicator, as well as a curious and creative problem solver.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients while collaborating with Sales, Customer Success, and Product to ensure the existing customer base is receiving the value they expect from their implemented solutions.
- Manage the contract renewal cycle from scheduling initial meetings through negotiation, contract changes, and signature while ensuring customers renew at an escalated ARR rate.
- Achieve a quota of new sales growth within customer base and for renewals each quarter.
- Be a customer advocate, driving relationships with key customers and creating new champions.
- Identify whitespace in accounts and create value based presentations to promote upgrades and cross-sells.
- Consult with our existing customers to recommend additional solutions from the CrowdStrike portfolio.
- Devise and execute account strategies and plans to maximize customer success and account growth.
- Provide high touch customer service, including escalation and coordination of support issues as needed.
- Deliver feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Track record of meeting or exceeding expectations in an individually focused, quota carrying role.
- Ability to successfully balance a wide variety of daily tasks and adjust priorities on the fly in a fast-paced environment over multiple engagements.
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through email, conference calls, client visits and presentations, and internal meetings
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- A curious nature with a desire to learn and a competitive spirit.
- High level of comfort handling client objections and negotiations.
- Excellent time management skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Security or SaaS sales experience
- Customer Success/Service background
- Formal training in a recognized sales methodology
- Prior experience using Salesforce or another CRM solution
- 5 years+ or equivalent experience in consulting or account management – particularly in cybersecurity.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or relevant experience.