Insurance Sales Agent at Shogun Enterprises Inc.
Hearth Insurance Solutions (HIS) is an independent agency and sister company of Shogun Inc. The agency specializes in working within the contractor and construction industry to provide general liability, workers’ compensation, bonding, commercial auto and other related lines of business to current and prospective contractor and construction finance customers.
Our sister company, Shogun, is the fastest-growing fintech company specializing in the home improvement loan sector. Our first SaaS platform -- Hearth (www.gethearth.com) -- offers contractors across the country an effective and highly competitive way to give their customers financing options for their home improvement projects.
About the Role
Are you a licensed insurance professional with an industrious, goal-oriented drive looking to accelerate your long-term career in insurance sales? Are you seeking a lucrative, highly visible sales position where you can make a lasting impact on our customers and help build the company from the ground up? If so, we want to hear from you!
As a Commercial Insurance Sales Agent at Hearth Insurance, you will cultivate new and existing relationships with customers, educate prospects, and ultimately drive new sales to scale our insurance business. Our company values hard work and dedication, so in addition to your base salary, our very generous commission structure will set you up for financial freedom.
Build something amazing with us and join a rapidly growing company!
- Make outbound calls to existing Hearth customers to sell insurance products and policies.
- Respond to inbound leads and referrals.
- Generate new business by calling prospects.
- Meet and exceed monthly policy sales targets.
- Provide excellent customer service to all prospects, customers, and referrals.
- Work to gather information for submitting applications and process customer policies (obtaining signatures, initial premium payments, documentation, etc.)
- Attend meetings and seminars to gain product knowledge and learn about new products and services.
- 1+ year of insurance sales experience.
- Ability to work autonomous while maintaining focus.
- Familiarity with the commercial insurance industry preferred.
- Possess an Active State of Texas General Lines Insurance License.
- The ability to quickly learn and understand new skills and tasks and to multitask and work without close supervision.
- Active State of Texas General Lines Insurance License.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Experience working within an independent-agency environment with multiple carriers.
- Experience with QQCatalyst and/or other Vertafore agency products.
- Experience working within the contractor and construction markets and with products such as workers’ compensation, general liability, commercial auto, contractor BOPS, inland marine, builder’s risk and other similar lines of business.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Mission-driven, values-based culture.
- Competitive pay structure (base + commission)
- Growth opportunities as we continue to grow and scale.
- Generous PTO, plus company holidays.
- Stock options.
- Medical, dental, and vision options.
- 401(k) package.
- Upbeat, casual and fun office environment and culture.
- Pup-friendly office.
- Stocked kitchen with cold brew, snacks & drinks to keep you energized!
We are hiring for this position in our office in Austin, TX.
More About Us
Shogun embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.