Come work at Smarter Sorting!
About the Role
Smarter Sorting is a fast-growing, purpose-driven retail tech company. We are looking for a hungry Account Executive to join the team. You can be based in Boulder, Colorado or Austin, Texas. You will take the lead nurturing inbound prospects, hunting and engaging with outbound leads, carefully and deliberately moving prospects through our buyer journey and pipeline, and ultimately working closely with the leadership team to close deals.
You will work with an incredibly smart (no pun intended) and inspiring team and join a company that was named as one of Austin’s “Best Places to Work, 2020”. You will report into our Chief Operating Officer and work closely with our sales, product and marketing team.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support the VP of Sales in winning enterprise new business
- Identify and qualify leads, collecting detailed information
- Document lead and opportunities requirements, to enable thorough evaluation of opportunities
- Proactively move new business opportunities through our thoughtful and robust pipeline process
- Actively participate in sales meetings as an expert on leads and opportunities, understanding in detail where we are in the sales process
- Apply strong project management and writing skills to RFPs
- Use your technical and product expertise to tailor presentations to different prospects, based on their requirements and goals
- Listen to prospects, understand their pain points, be an engaging and succinct presenter when explaining Smarter Sorting and demoing the software
- Attention to detail, using our sales CRM to document your activity and to capture all of your pipeline’s KPIs
Learn & Grow:
- Work closely with the product and data team to understand our roadmap, communicating our ongoing growth to prospects and succinctly providing feedback to internal teams and overcoming any blockers for closing deals
- Act as a Sales liaison between sales, onboarding, and customer success; successfully transitioning new customers and ensuring all relevant information has been shared
- Learn our product inside and out so you can deliver solution demos to large-scale opportunities
- Become an expert at presenting Smarter Sorting’s value prop to leads and prospects
- Understand various prospects’ pain-points and use cases by retailer, supplier, and job function
- Learn about our competitors, staying up to date on their pricing and product development
- Collaborate with marketing to document and maintain useful sales enablement materials for handling objections, discussing competitive differentiators, and other key information
Your Experience + Skills:
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in sales development, customer success, and most recently as a proven account executive in technology, ideally SaaS or a scalable software solutions company.
- A 4-year degree or the equivalent industry experience. (The most important thing is that you are intellectually curious and have a proven track record of commitment to your personal growth.)
- Proficiency in Salesforce and sales reporting
- Highly skilled in presenting via video conference, screenshare, demoing software.
- Proven passion for understanding technology
- Comfortable working in a growth-stage company
- It’s a nice to have, if you have have experience in:
- Safety and compliance
- Environmental management
- Supply chain
- Proficiency in Powerpoint, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, and other common reporting interfaces
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to summarize complex concepts into understandable talk tracks.
- Proven “roll up your sleeves and get it done” reputation in previous endeavors.
Your First Month:
- Learn the platform, learn how to demo
- Learn the value prop, learn how to present Smarter Sorting
- Take over all of the lead and opportunity management in Salesforce
Your First 3 Months:
- Confident presenting Smarter Sorting’s value prop
- Independently demo the platform to new leads
- Start to take on existing opportunities
- Lead weekly and monthly meetings reporting on Sales Activity and Pipeline
- Identify new leads that will convert into Opportunities
- Participate in the closing of a deal (that was already in the pipeline)
- Own the entire pipeline and reporting
- Collaborate with team, using Smarter Sorting’s “Diagnostic” to successful move opportunities to closing
- Draw upon leadership and technical team to close opportunities
Your First 6 Months:
- All of the above with even greater independence!
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
At Smarter Sorting, we are transforming the world through Product Intelligence. Our mission is to create a smarter, more connected world by revealing the underlying chemical and physical truths, and possibilities, of consumer products.
We provide retailers and suppliers the critical data points they need to best manufacture, move, market, sell, and handle products throughout the supply chain. From sustainability to eCommerce to regulatory compliance and everything in between, Product Intelligence is delivered when and where it is needed. At our core, we believe that when you know more, you can do better - for business, for consumers, and for the planet.
We are a team of data geeks, circular economy nerds, and math and chemistry wizards. We live and breathe the mission and values of Smarter Sorting every day, and are excited to be a part of something that just might change the world.
Read Full Job Description