L&D Manager, Growth & Sales at Homeward (Remote)
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
We're seeking a Learning & Development (L&D) Manager to help us drive a learning-centric organization. We need help training our operations teams on Homeward’s product offering and process as it evolves; while also working collaboratively with our leadership team on the professional development of Homeward’s team members.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with senior leadership to define and execute our L&D programs for our Sales and Growth operations.
- You’ll own developing an industry-leading learning vision & roadmap, acting as a strategic partner to company leadership, designer & project manager of developed content & programs, and facilitator of key communication on change management.
- Develop content, project manage, and measure the efficacy of Homeward’s L&D practices.
- Identify and roll out trainings & knowledge management tools tailored to our needs as they exist presently, and that will scale.
- Collaborate well with leadership teams; understanding their business problems, where their teams could be trained more effectively, and their new operational and product launches; leading to more effective team trainings
- Keep training materials up to date; follow-up with stakeholders to discuss what new training needs to be rolled out
- Get up to speed on the residential real estate industry and become well-versed in the home buying, home selling, and home valuation processes.
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of proven, results based, experience in L&D; preferably in operationally intensive organizations
- You’re collaborative and open to feedback. You’re great at working as part of a team and love getting input on your roadmap so that you can continuously improve
- You’re able to ship quickly and adjust your process to fit the needs of an early stage startup. You create high-quality training documents in short cycle times. You understand sometimes we will have to ship a training document quickly and keep teams informed of changes later on given how a startup can constantly evolve.
- Excellent organization & project management skills with an ability to create order and predictability in an ambiguous environment.
- Deep understanding of training program design, implementation, delivery methods and processes
- An insatiable curiosity and focus on results to understand how new changes to Homeward’s product work so that you build content that informs our teams about those new products.
- You’re interested in improving the complex, emotional process of buying and selling a home and making it the exciting milestone in people’s lives that it deserves to be.
Nice to haves:
- Significant Fintech or Real Estate Tech experience.
- Sales training or related experience
- Tech-enabled service organization experience.
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.