Manager, Business Development
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents an intermix between passion for leadership and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with our headquarters in Santa Barbara, California and offices in London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China.
What You'll Do:
The Manager, Business Development is responsible for building and managing a team of Sales Development Representatives & Market Development Representatives. This position will serve to help the sales development team generate qualified leads, grow the sales pipeline, and ultimately help grow our customer base and drive revenue. The position will help all members of the team strategize the best way to target accounts and develop new opportunities for our corporate and enterprise sales teams. Responsibilities will include providing the team with continuous training to help them overachieve their quota and help identify and make recommendations for improvement on phone/email outreach. The Manager will have an intimate knowledge of challenges this team commonly faces on a daily basis and provide the team with best practices to overcome those challenges.
Here's a closer look at the duties in this key role:
- Responsible for the development and management of the department, including coaching, recruiting, conducting performance reviews for consultants/analysts, and other departmental activities
- Lead the team to exceed their respective month, quarter, and annual targets
- Hold each employee accountable to defined performance plans
- Lead weekly meeting reviews with team
- Coach team on prospecting, qualification and attended meeting generation
- Measure and continually find ways to improve process and performance
- Drive team to keep SFDC/Outreach fully populated and up-to-date
- Ensure the team adheres to defined best practices/processes
- Foster collaboration within the team and across the the mid-market and field sales team members
- Interfaces regularly with senior management to produce timely and valuable results
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience leading high-performing outbound sales teams
- 2+ years of sales experience selling IT or technology solutions with a proven track record in outbound/cold calling sales: exceeding personal sales quota for more than 2 consecutive years
- Excellent communication skills with a skill in being proactive in communicating with teams, management and organization
- Deep understanding of generating pipeline through outbound activity
- Experience with CRM solutions, salesforce.com and Outreach preferred
- Proficient in salesforce.com
- KPI and Results oriented, metrics driven track record
- Comfortable with leadership role and being an example to the organization
- Thrives on building teams and leading employees to succeed
- Driven to meet and exceed goals with a competitive spirit
- Process oriented with attention to detail
- Considers company’s interests when making decisions
- Desire to continuously learn and improve processes