Manager, Commercial Sales
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a “black box”; outside of their control. ThousandEyes gives organization's visibility and insight into the now borderless network. It arms them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 75+ of the F500, 20 of the top 25 SaaS providers, 6 of the top 7 US banks, 4 of the top 5 UK banks, and 5 of the top 10 companies on the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list.
What are we looking for?
ThousandEyes is rapidly expanding its Commercial business in Austin to further capitalize on the market opportunity that exist and we are looking for a talented and dynamic sales leader to further accelerate the growth of the commercial segment (acquisition focused). As a leader in the company, with a focus on recruitment, enablement and execution for the commercial business, you will drive revenue and assure the successful trajectory of this strategically important business.
What will you do?
- Enable the team to aggressively prospect, identify, qualify and develop sales pipeline
- Coach the team to close business to exceed monthly, quarterly and annual bookings objectives
- Coach direct reports around sales strategy, pipeline management, opportunity management and career planning/development.
- Ability to foster strong and effective relationships with team members, peers and cross functional team members
- Work closely with cross functional teams to enable effectiveness
- Recruit, retain, and nurture a team of experienced sales professionals
- Provide skill training and mentoring on complex sales motions including collaboration with legal, product, finance and other internal teams
- Interface and develop professional relationships with prospects throughout all levels of an organization
- Display a systemic approach to handling funnel management / deals with multiple reps at a time.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of ThousandEyes technology
- Maintain a real-time understanding of the competitive landscape to assist in building win-based proposals and pricing
- 3+ years experience selling enterprise technology in a fast-paced and competitive market
- Experience leading a quota-carrying sales team (strong preference for SaaS experience)
- Goal oriented, with a track record of overachievement (President’s Club, Rep of the Year, etc.)
- Proven track record of exceeding team quotas through metric based, skill development and internal team management
- Possesses a strong desire to be successful
- Skilled in managing time and resources; sound approach to qualifying opportunities
- Possesses aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility
- Must live in territory
- Experience using Salesforce.com and measuring system compliance
- Experience working on complex and creative contract negotiations
- Preferred experience using MEDDIC sales processes
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an IT, business or related field
- Stable and consistent work history
- Up to 33% travel as needed
Excited? We can’t wait to hear from you!