Manager, Customer Success at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Customer Success team at MongoDB is responsible for building relationships with our customers and becoming a trusted advisor and “go-to” person for best practices and advice. We are an integral part of our customer’s success with MongoDB and bring value to every interaction - from onboarding and product adoption. We are a global team spread across our offices in New York City, Austin, Dublin, and Sydney.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and ambitious people leader to help build our newly launched (in 2020, whew!) Tech Led customer success function. As a Manager, you will play an integral part in building hiring and developing Customer Success Specialists as well as innovating on and building new programs and processes. You will also be responsible for designing and executing initiatives aimed at increasing our customer retention, satisfaction, and adoption of MongoDB.
Role Overview & Key Responsibilities
- People leadership: Recruit, onboard and coach Customer Success Specialists as they get off the ground with MongoDB
- Execution: Define and manage to a set of analytical KPIs to drive the direction of the team; deliver against quarterly and long-term targets
- Build programs: Design and execute initiatives aimed at increasing customer retention, satisfaction, and product adoption
- Executive presence and communication: Build and maintain relationships across different MongoDB teams and stakeholders
- A Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred
- An entrepreneurial spirit and are not afraid to take on new challenges and guide your team through them with a positive attitude
- The passion for and experience in hiring, developing and leading a team of individual contributors. Your team, their success and the success of the program is your top priority
- Experience working hands-on with technologically complex accounts and/or SMB market customers to apply when coaching your team members
- A mind for technology. We’ll teach you all about MongoDB and databases, but our customers and products are inherently technical. You should be too
- Experience with or aptitude for learning enterprise infrastructure technologies; exposure to MongoDB or NoSQL databases is a plus
- A high level of organization in your workflows. To manage and execute effectively, you’ll need to be a master of prioritization and time management
- The desire to help develop and implement best practices and processes to contribute to MongoDB’s Customer Success Program
- A keen focus on teamwork and collaboration. You’ll be working with multiple teams on a regular basis (Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, etc.) and helping to build the Customer Success “brand” across our entire organization
- An adaptive spirit. You love an ever-changing environment where you are constantly improving yourself, your team and your processes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to a diverse audience both internally and externally
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.