Manager, Enterprise Solutions Architecture at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Manager of Enterprise Solutions Architecture. The ideal candidate is a strong leader with equally impressive people and technical skills. This is a person who thrives at building an impactful team and is passionate about empowering their employees to achieve the best work of their careers. Well respected by technical and non-technical individuals, this person is an influential leader, mentor, manager and engineer and will rely on strong consultative skills to help our Enterprise customers during onboarding and throughout the customer lifecycle
What You’ll Do
- Lead, encourage, run, develop, and manage the team to ensure the team’s success
- Encourage innovation and champion an environment of continuous improvement.
- Serve as a product domain guide to assist the team by providing technical expertise regarding architectural questions, recommending and architecting solutions, solving issues, and identifying expansion opportunities.
- Perform analysis and provide systems architecture solutions using new, existing, and emerging services, technologies, and platforms in a services and sales oriented environment.
- Identify and translate customer needs into a clear set of requirements for downstream feasibility and estimation.
- Collaborate with Professional Services team members and customers to drive solution feasibility/estimates, develop overall architecture plan, and collaborate with project managers to deliver solutions.
- Provide experienced level support for cloud and hybrid cloud use cases.
- Prioritize additional technical resources within the organization to address client needs when vital
- Develop POC use cases to propose and craft solutions as per business-technical needs
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering team to help drive appropriate product improvements and operational mentorship
- Collaborate with the Documentation team on real world scenarios and developer needs.
- Provide consultative services based on prospect’s requirements and available product offerings
- Assist the Customer Success team in a pre/post-sales technical process: installation, deployment, training, technical check-ups, and customer concern management
- Develop technical and architectural roadmaps and use them to proactively drive new technology adoption within BigCommerce and in partnership with BigCommerce partners.
- Lead team to utilization and customer happiness metrics as defined by company/departmental strategic objectives.
Who you are
- 7+ years of proven experience in architecting and implementing integration solutions around key technologies, including 3+ years leading SaaS implementation projects from pre-sales to customer success
- 2+ years people management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (i.e. producing requirements and design documentation, performing needs assessments, detailing solution components, etc.)
- Expertise in architecting and detailing commercial-scale cloud systems using IaaS, PaaS or SaaS infrastructure.
- Understanding of various database architectures (RDBMS, NoSQL, Document database, etc.)
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, SOA/Web Services, ecommerce, content management systems, internet security standards, and fraud prevention.
- Strong understanding of other services and services providers in the following Cloud service layers: IaaS (AWS, Google, etc.), Saas (Salesforce, Successfactors, etc.), Paas (Azure, Amazon AWS, Google App Engine)
- Sophisticated understanding and experience integrating with and crafting for SaaS providers
- Strong abilities in the implementation of security standards in code such as OAuth, SAML, and other Tokenization and authentication methods and systems; understanding of security, SSO and federation technologies as applied cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with waterfall/SDLC processes, agile development methodologies, and post-production release processes
- Experience working with project management software and professional services automation software is preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of leading professional services labor capacity (billable and non-billable utilization) is helpful
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Periodic travel will be required
A summary of what we offer
We empower others. We make an impact. We collaborate and create with excitement and pace. We help businesses grow - ourselves and each other, too. We innovate. We play. We tackle problems. We have fun. We be ourselves.
Here's how we support you along the way!
- Vacation - Unlimited time off for salaried employees and accrual based plans that allow for 3+ weeks of paid vacation for hourly employees
- 7+ days paid sick time with the option to roll over into extended sick leave (up to 30 days)
- 10 Paid Holidays Annually - 9 days paid time off for recognized company holidays + 1 floating holiday of your choice
- Disability Leave: Up to 6 weeks paid disability leave
- Charitable Time Off: 2 days paid time off to volunteer at your favorite 501(c)(3)
- Wellbeing Leave: 1 day paid time off to take time away from the office to reduce stress, avoid burnout, and/or practice self-care
- National UnitedHealthcare PPO
- National UnitedHealthcare HDHP
- National UnitedHealthcare Dental (PPO)
- National Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Parental Leave provides up to 12 weeks of 100% paid time off for birth parents and up to 4 weeks for non-birth parents
- Newborn Sick Leave provides up to 5 additional days of sick time to care for your newborn
- Transition Benefit for new parents
- Flexible Return to Work Arrangement provides a formal flexible arrangement process for transitioning parents
- Adoption Assistance
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.