AlertMedia is seeking a Manager, Sales Development to bring leadership, mentorship, and teaching-by-example to a newly created team of Enterprise Business Development Representatives (BDRs) in our consultative, conversational sales environment. This team member will manage a team of high-performing BDRs while partnering closely with marketing and other departments to build out a strategic, sustainable BDR program, and will play a critical strategic role in driving the success of our Enterprise sales team.
Who you are:
You are a high-energy sales leader who is passionate about winning, strategic by nature, and has a proven track record of success in managing and mentoring a BDR team for B2B software solutions. You are a "player-coach" who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves, help prospect or join a call. You know managing is more than sitting in an office pulling call stats. You are a mentor who leads by example and actively engages with your team. You've had past success in a consultative sales role and have managed BDR teams, helping them move the needle in the sales process. You are driven to succeed and love helping others win!
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Hire, train and mentor Enterprise Business Development Representatives
- Create a highly collaborative, driven, and engaged BDR team
- Manage & motivate team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual performance goals
- Coach your team in creating new opportunities for the sales pipeline by setting qualified meetings with identified executives at large enterprise companies
- Work closely with your team on critical elements of prospecting
- Manage your team’s performance and sales pipeline
- Create a high-functioning BDR program which includes strategies and processes for driving new business into AlertMedia
- Constantly strive for self-improvement and possess the curiosity to stay abreast of industry and market trends
- Become an expert on AlertMedia’s product offerings and sales process, so you can train, guide, and mentor your team to success
- 5+ years of BDR and/or inside sales experience (SaaS preferred)
- Prior enterprise sales experience in a consultative sales role within a Saas environment a plus
- 2+ years of experience managing BDR teams in a SaaS environment preferred
- A highly collaborative, creative & strategic thinker
- A strong contributor to a positive, transparent, energetic, and compassionate culture
- Excellent communicator with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, while working collaboratively with other teams
- Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Base salary + uncapped commissions + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 4 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.