The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is leading the charge. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for a polished and results-driven Sponsor Relations & Partner Events Manager who is highly organized and creative with an ability to “hit the ground running” in our fast-paced environment. This person will make a meaningful impact on deepening relationships with our sponsors and partners, up-leveling their involvement and experience at MongoDB events, as well as MongoDB’s sponsorship presence at Partner Events (virtual, hybrid, and in-person), all while maximizing sponsorship revenue streams.
MongoDB Professional Services exists to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value, and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernizing legacy applications or migrating to cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB. Help us take our business to the next level of scale and excellence in delivery and governance.
This role will be based remotely in North America.Role Description
The Sponsor Relations & Partner Events Manager will be responsible for driving the full lifecycle of the sponsorship process from overseeing strategy, designing the program and entitlement offerings, selling and securing sponsorships and partners, contract fulfillment, deliverables management, onsite event execution, and beyond.
You’ll own relationships across MongoDB’s sponsor and partner network to ensure we are positioned to access, leverage, and collaborate effectively, while working closely with the partner marketing team and supporting the planning and execution of the full scope of partner events. You’ll also work closely with other members of the Strategic Events team to develop and share sponsorship best practices and industry trends across marketing, regularly acting as a consultant or support for other proprietary and third-party events, including DevRel and Community events and initiatives.
This person will support with planning and execution of large Cloud events where MongoDB has a marquee presence, like AWS re:Invent and others.
This role will report to the Global Lead of Strategic Events.
- Craft sponsorship strategy and continuously work to push MongoDB’s sponsorship offerings forward in unique and creative ways
- Create sponsorship program that is tailored to the needs of our partners while maximizing income streams for MongoDB
- Prospect, recruit, and negotiate with existing and new partners and sponsors for their involvement in MongoDB events and programs; follow-up on sponsor inquiries
- Create and manage sponsorship enablement resources (including one-sheeters, presentation decks, etc.)
- Oversee sponsorship entitlement delivery for MongoDB-hosted and manage day-to-day communications with event sponsors pre-, during, and post-event
- Research, recommend, and manage external vendors related to internal event sponsorships as needed (lead retrieval, booth fabrication, etc.)
- Manage sponsorship activity and trade show floor at MongoDB’s owned events
- Manage MongoDB’s participation in Partner Marketing-sourced third party events (manage deliverable deadlines, budget, on-site logistics, staffing, etc.) and collaborate closely with the Partner Marketing team on these projects
- Manage and help develop strategy for MongoDB’s presence at DevRel and Community third party events (manage deliverable deadlines, planning, execution, budget, on-site logistics, staffing, etc.)
- Develop and deliver insightful analysis and report for sponsorship performance at MongoDB-owned events, as well as the return of MongoDB’s involvement in third-party events and tradeshows
- Work with the Partner Marketing team to identify new opportunities such as new conferences or bespoke activities at conferences to maximise MongoDBs visibility
- 5-7 years experience in sponsorship sales, partner marketing, and/or tradeshow management, preferably at B2B technology companies
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Ability to communicate the value proposition of the company and sell the value of sponsoring MongoDB programs and events
- Data-driven and analytical in approach to project planning; masterful analysis and reporting skills
- Strong project management and a deep understanding of managing multiple stakeholders
- Impeccably organized with unparalleled attention to detail
- Proactive, self-starter, “get it done” attitude
- Comfort working independently and part of a large, distributed, global team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, and public speaking/presentation skills
- Flexible and solution-oriented with stellar time management skills
- You are driven and a strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize, pivot and problem-solve
- Excels in a cross-functional environment with multiple types of teams (marketing, sales, engineering, DevRel, etc.)
- Persistently collaborative and excited about “bringing others along” in the program planning journey
- Extreme sense of accountability
- Ability to work calmly under pressure/with a focused sense of urgency
- Good humor and positive, team-oriented attitude is required
- Thinker and doer, “own what you do” mentality
- Confident in your ability to liaise with a wide range of internal and external partners, including C-suite
- Proficiency in G Suite and/or Microsoft Office suite
- Strong copywriting, proofreading, and editing skills
- Comfort with using, or learning, tools including Jira, Tableau, Salesforce, Jifflenow, etc.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% (domestically) and 10% (globally) when unrestricted travel resumes
- Experience working with a technology company
- Existing familiarity with tools including Jira, Tableau, Salesforce, Eloqua
- Travel planning and meeting management experience
- CMP, CSEP, or DES certification(s)
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.