Manager of Technical Sales at Enverus
Why YOU want this position
The Manager of Technical Sales is a crucial leader of growth and a key influencer in Drillinginfo. Over the years DI has become the industry leader in energy analytics and has all the benefits of being a high growth company with an exceptional balance sheet. The success is driven by strong product, marketing, and sales teams. This role would sit at the intersections of these key teams and manage a growing team of Technical Advisors.
Technical Advisors are geoscientists, engineers, and landmen with prior experience in E&Ps, mineral shops, financial groups, and service companies. They are primarily tasked with demonstrating our solutions’ value in pre-sales meetings with clients and prospects. The team also partners with the product teams by passing along client feedback and suggesting and testing enhancements. DI relies on the Technical Sales team to help generate content and craft sales and marketing messaging for sales efforts and technical conferences.
- Analyze team performance and set goals that align with the growth targets for our Oil & Gas sector
- Mentor and develop team members with emphasis on building each person’s geology, land, engineering, and finance domain expertise
- Meet with the leaders of the sales teams to learn how the Technical Advisors can best help each segment
- Work with our Marketing team to coordinate and influence product messaging, as well as assess what content the team could create to best drive growth
- Identify and hire top-level talent to grow the team
Competitive Candidate Profile
- Have 10+ years in the oil and gas industry, preferably working on multidisciplinary teams for an operating company
- Have extensive experience evaluating US onshore, unconventional activity
- Be a recognized technical expert
- Boast an extensive professional network
- Have a track record of being organized and hitting goals
- Have a degree in geoscience or petroleum engineering
- Have managed a technical team for 3+ years
- Have an evident passion for the oil and gas industry
Expectations for travel are 30-40% to attend client meetings, trade shows, and company events.