Kazoo is the only all-in-one people management solution in the market that takes recognition, engagement, and performance and delivers them in one powerful platform. Through its Recognition & Rewards, Performance Management, and Surveys offerings, Kazoo is an award-winning, employee-first solution that increases productivity, retention, and revenue, and enables companies to build a purpose-driven culture of high engagement and high performance. With over 500 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters. Kazoo is when work is working.
Our approach is employee-driven, not top-down. We built our platform, and our company, with a promise to give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues, and to drive results for the company. Our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We practice transparency, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community.
Overview of role:
We are looking for a standout talent to join our team of driven and high-achieving marketers. This position is a crucial role at Kazoo – it is the "tip of the spear" for opening new conversations with prospects and creating sales opportunities. If you are intellectually curious, independent, ambitious, and can thrive in a dynamic environment, then this may be the role for you.
The Market Development Representative (MDR) role is an entry-level position offering an excellent opportunity to get your career started at one of Austin’s best places to work. We’re growing fast and invite you to grow with us. Market Development is a critical component of the marketing organization at Kazoo. You will be on the front lines of our business, and as such, you are comfortable cold calling, talking to strangers, communicating our value proposition, and helping build our sales pipeline.
What awesome stuff you’ll do:
- Timely follow up on inbound leads (demo requests, event leads, website chat, incoming calls, Contact Us forms, etc.)
- Perform initial discovery/qualification of prospects to understand better if our products are a fit for their business
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Kazoo platform, our industry, our ideal customer profile, and our product value propositions
- Help set our Account Executives up for success by discovering each prospect's business needs and effectively communicate those needs to the sales team
- Support various integrated sales and marketing initiatives including outbound campaigns and marketing events
- As part of the broader marketing team, share insights to inform and improve campaigns, sales enablement materials, and communications
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You work best in dynamic environments where change is the only constant. If you thrive in a static organization with inert processes, keep looking!
- Passion, resilience, and a good sense of humor required
- Prior success in establishing and cultivating professional relationships, you've been the first point of contact and voice of the company
- Experience with client facing work, this could include anything from hospitality to customer support
- Working familiarity with G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional listening skills and a capacity for empathy
- High attention to detail with strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate across all levels of a business
- Flexibility; You work best in dynamic environments where change is the only constant
- A growth mindset fueled by self-directed learning, structured training experiences, and coaching from colleagues
- Conversely – an eagerness to share your own knowledge and skills with team members
Bonus points if you:
- Have lead generation experience in a SaaS technology startup and/or Salesforce experience
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.