Market Development Representative
Kazoo is the only all-in-one people management solution in the market that takes recognition, engagement, and performance and delivers them in one powerful platform. Through its Recognition & Rewards, Performance Management, and Surveys offerings, Kazoo is an award-winning, employee-first solution that increases productivity, retention, and revenue, and enables companies to build a purpose-driven culture of high engagement and high performance. With over 500 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters. Kazoo is when work is working.
Our approach is employee-driven, not top-down. We built our platform, and our company, with a promise to give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues, and to drive results for the company. Our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We practice transparency, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community.
Overview of role:
The Market Development Representative role is an entry-level position that gives you a great opportunity to get started at one of Austin’s best places to work. We’re growing fast and invite you to grow with us! Sales Development is a critical component of the sales organization at Kazoo. As the "tip of the spear," you will open new sales conversations and create sales opportunities for our Account Executives. You will be on the front lines of our business and as such, you must be comfortable cold calling, talking to strangers, communicating our value proposition, and building our sales pipeline.
What awesome stuff you’ll do:
- Cold outbound calls and emails to prospective customers
- Schedule initial discovery/qualification calls with prospective customers
- Communicate to arm Account Executives for success (i.e. insights and intelligence about prospective customers) in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to help inform Demand Generation
- Assist Account Executives with pipeline management and prospect nurturing when appropriate/necessary
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Passion, resilience, and a good sense of humor required.
- Success in establishing and cultivating professional relationships, you are the first point of contact and voice of the company!
- Experience with client facing work, this could include anything from hospitality to customer support.
- Familiarity with G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, etc…)
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Adaptability; things change fast around here!
- High capacity for empathy.
- Exceptional listening skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of a business.
- Bonus points for experience with Salesforce.com.
- You work best in dynamic environments where change is the only constant. If you thrive in a static organization with inert processes, keep looking!
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.